Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New controller detected - then kodi freezes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Downloading kodi 17.3, everything going good until I open kodi, it opens and looks good ,then when I try to use controller
a window appears and says NEW CONTROLLER DETECTED then everything freezes .
can anyone help me please.
Thanks
debug log (wiki)
what is a debug log
If you click the link, or click the words "debug log" in Gracus' post, all will be explained
Actually, the wiki seems to be off-line for some reason. I will explain for you...

The debug log records all the operations Kodi performs while starting and running. When it crashes, it will record right up to the crash. With that log, members here can advise you on the problem.

Providing the debug log is the first step to solve the problem.
debug log won't help
when I open kodi for first time and try to use controller , new controller detected and then it freezes
Oh, ok. I didn't realise you were so knowledgeable.

Please tell us what we should advise you to do then.
not knowledgeable
just downloaded for first time
Thanks for your help Karellen, when the debug log link works I will check it out
Thanks
Hey Karellen,
can you tell me the best box that will work with Kodi
I would like to assist with that question, but I am not knowledgeable enough to answer. There is a great guide written by @wrxtasy that should steer you in the right direction...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

Personally, I use a Win 10 HTPC I built Jan 2014. It works great for my needs, but that setup does not suit everybody.