Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Access UserData folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just received my Wetek Play2.
Now I would like to add the advancedsettings.xml file to the UserData Folder in order to access my library on my Mysql database (NAS).

How can I access this directory (from a Windows pc).
I tried to go to \\ip-address like on my Rpi - LibreElec, but didn't work.
Unless you're sharing the directory (e.g. using a third-party SMB or NFS server), you can't do it like that.

It's easier to share the file *from another system* and then use any decent file manager to navigate to it and copy it back. You can use your NAS, or your laptop, or even a website. Or you can email it to yourself on your gmail account.
Android doesn't come with an smb server - you can install one from the play store (eg andsmb, sambadroid etc).
Not the only way - I've used esfilexplorer's built-in ftp server (not a recommended app these days though) and a variety of others (wifi fileexplorer rings a bell) to shift stuff between windows and android.
Edit: if you don't want to install an app just stick the advancedsettings.xml file in a shared folder on your pc, start kodi and copy it with kodi's file manager. Or even put it on a usb stick.
I just use a USB Drive, there's no doubt a better way but for me it's just a simple solution Smile
Thread moved to Android
I've did it with a usb stick and some crappy file manager I could find. Didn't found a full Play Store yet on the Wetek box. (Standard deliverd OS, not yet a custom ROM)