Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Such File when trying to use ExternalPlayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25205275/

Using KODI 18

Trying to use ExternalPlayer getting "no such player" ,, have tried just 1 player and get same result.....

Several time on othe files have gotten several line/tag errors -- and cannot really see why , suspect hidden char ?

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
    <player name="VLCx" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    <filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
    <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>    
    </player>
    <player name="VLCPortable" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\VLCPortable\VLCPortable.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
    <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PDVDLP.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>                
    </player>

</players>
<rules name="MediaPlayers" action="prepend">
    <rule name="VLC" filetypes="avi|mkv|mp4|m4v|mpg|mpeg" player="VLC"/>
   <rule name="VLCPortable" filetypes="avi|mkv|mp4|m4v|mpg|mpeg" player="VLCPortable"/>
    <rule name="BlueRayIso" filetypes="iso" player="PowerDVD" />
    </rules>
    </playercorefactory>

I do see VLC is wrong dir but others are correct.......

Apparently "No Such Player" is a misleading misnomer....

After more testing I've found that I can play movies from my folders , for some reason VLCPortable has become the default player

I havn't tried playing any BlueRay yet ....

It appears that I need to pass a valid stream address to VLC, but how do I get a valid address Huh??

So can KODI send correct stream address to VLC ?
Looks like your problem is in the rules (not just forum rules), with all the extensions chosen for each, the first rule takes precedence and that is VLC, with a video in focus the context menu should contain a drop down under 'Play with', how many video players are you seeing? Sounds like you only have one. External players (wiki) and search for HOW-TO:Use external players on Android - Official Kodi Wiki when the wiki's come back on stream.This forum offers some rules and select code to place in playercorefactory.xml. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=215394