Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Volume setting between profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Maybe somebody has a answer to my problem that i am having with volume settings between profiles.

First a break down.

I have 2 profiles.

1. Movies
2. Music

In my Music profile i have customized the Aeon Nox skin to only display Music menu, Movies are not accessible at all. My Movie profile however has access to both music and movies

I use 2 different audio output settings. Movies goes via my AVR and Music uses a usb-SPDIF converter to a dedicated Stereo system this gives me best of both world Smile

I have created a keymap that allows me to swap profiles seamlessly.

The problem that i have is that is my Movie profile is set to 100% always as the avr controls the volume, if i flip to Music I use the kodi volume as i am not using a preamp. If the volume is set to mute ( It displays the speaker with the x through it at the top right ) and press play it instantly goes to 100% until i press the volume button either up or down, then it will use the current setting on that profile.

I have the same issue if i go back to Movie profile. The profile is set to 100% but volume is soft ( same level as the audio profile ) until i press volume + or - on a keyboard, then it goes to 100% setting of that profile

Can anybody shed some light as to why it does this?
I couldn't answer this properly as I don't use profiles, but this would seem to be some oversight in the way profiles are handling the hardware. The reason I responded to this post, was to suggest a few work-rounds that might work for you. You could set-up two portable Kodi installs, one for movies and one for music that would allow two completely separate guisettings.xml files totally independent of each other. The other other alternative might be here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200081
I saw the audio profile option. I decided against it as i wanted limited functionality on the audio profile with access to movies.

I might considet the 2 portable instances and see how that goes. Thanks for the advice.