Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17.4 rc1 upgrade to 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 10 insider build 16241.rs 64 bit ......17.4 rc1 to 18 nightly ....KodiSetup-20170730-f1dd912ef8-master-x64....upgrade works ok - but kodi starts without skin settings and menus etc? - i.e just virgin kodi install. Backup/Restore fails - presumably because of base version difference

Any ideas please?

Stephen
No. I did a test and I see all the binary addons are removed (because the ones from 17 are all x86 versions). Guisettings.xml file is rewritten per "version 2" also Estuary skin settings.xml was modified but everything seems OK. I guess you could do it again with debug logging on and link to your log.

I can't really recommend updating from 17x86 to 18x64 myself.

scott s.
(2017-07-31, 23:56)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ]No. I did a test and I see all the binary addons are removed (because the ones from 17 are all x86 versions). Guisettings.xml file is rewritten per "version 2" also Estuary skin settings.xml was modified but everything seems OK. I guess you could do it again with debug logging on and link to your log.

I can't really recommend updating from 17x86 to 18x64 myself.

scott s.

Ta! thought the same - This post FAQ says just load over ....http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v18_(Leia)_FAQ..

supplemental question.... if i install v18 in a different directory can i run both side by side - or are appdata etc folders the same and will conflict?

Stephen
(2017-08-01, 00:08)stephen4444 Wrote: [ -> ]Ta! thought the same - This post FAQ says just load over ....http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v18_(Leia)_FAQ..

supplemental question.... if i install v18 in a different directory can i run both side by side - or are appdata etc folders the same and will conflict?

Stephen

I don't see that the FAQ directly addresses going from an x86 version to x64. But since currently we are "pre-alpha" I would run x64 version in portable mode.

scott s.