Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mythtv PVR Addon for myth29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know the development status on addon for the pvr plugin compatible with MythTV v29? I jumped the gun and updated to mythtv v29 yesterday without checking for Kodi addon update. Thinking about uninstalling and attempting to roll back to previous version but the DB schema was updated at upgrade and not confident the roll back will be successful.
If you've already upgraded mythtv, why not try it and see if Kodi works and then report back?

Also, upgrading mythtv (generally) backs up your database so you can downgrade and restore your database if things don't work out.
Working okay for me on mythtv 29 with kodi 17.3

If you're running kodi on a different subnet to mythbackend then you need to turn off the new security feature in mythsetup called block connections from other subnets.

Other than that change all seems fine..
I had tested and was not working with current pvr client. Turns out the upgrade on the mythTV-backend broke a few things on Myth side. Myth-backend is no longer stable and after numerous attempts of rolling back and reinstalling mythtv its bolloxed. Will blow out and rebuild. Thanks for the replies.
The addon is fully OK with Mythtv 29.
I am having troubles with mythtv 29.

When I am in kodi and scroll down to "TV" the system crashes if my MythTV backend is doing any recording.  If it is not recording, everything seems to be fine.

I have kodi running on a Raspberry Pi 3 running raspbian stretch and a backend running mythtv 29 over Ubuntu 16.10.

Has anyone else had similar troubles?  The crash log is rather large so I have included it here:
https://gist.github.com/TheCook2/f44a3af...d6fc40c77c    I hope
(2017-11-18, 09:03)TheRealCook Wrote: [ -> ]I am having troubles with mythtv 29.

When I am in kodi and scroll down to "TV" the system crashes if my MythTV backend is doing any recording.  If it is not recording, everything seems to be fine.

I have kodi running on a Raspberry Pi 3 running raspbian stretch and a backend running mythtv 29 over Ubuntu 16.10.

Has anyone else had similar troubles?  The crash log is rather large so I have included it here:
https://gist.github.com/TheCook2/f44a3af...d6fc40c77c    I hope
 Any solution to this problem?  I am a long time mythtv user but am trying to replace the myth FE with Kodi.  
Kodi is running on debian stretch amd64 to a myth 29 backend on another machine

Thanks
Dave
Hi,

Does the ‘system’ crash, Kodi exit, or mythbackend stop working?

It looks like it’s a Kodi crash to me so you may get a better response in the more general forum, but...

A good start is to sort out the file unavailable and channel group not found messages in the log file so it’s a clean run. You should find more debug info in the mythbackend log.

Is the backend on the same physical machine as Kodi?
Hello again.
The problem seems to have resolved itself after a few updates to MythTV and Kodi.

It may help to try upgrading to the latest of kodi and myth 0.29.