Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I use a VPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And thus, it seems I cant post in many areas in this forum.. to the Kodi team.. what must I do? I can lose the VPN for this site if that is what it takes to post here again. I use a VPN cause well. I have a brain.. and not keen on being tracked.. I removed the VPN and tried to post.. but seems Ive been limited where I can post.. how do I fix this guys?

Note see my history, Ive always been helpful and productive.. if the fact I use a VPN is what caused this.. For this site at least I can not use it..

Is this why I cant post in various forums? Apperently I can here thus the post here.

ShadowTek

PS I would have posted this in right forum.. but I was forbidden..
PS

As I have logged in with my user name and also using my VPN, my username while I log in without the VPN is also affected.. thus this post..

Also, Anyone with a brain will use a VPN, its the wave of the future.. just saying..

I'll not use it here though if it gets me banned in apparently some forums here..

ShadowTek
(2017-08-03, 00:13)ShadowTek Wrote: [ -> ]And thus, it seems I cant post in many areas in this forum.. to the Kodi team.. what must I do? I can lose the VPN for this site if that is what it takes to post here again. I use a VPN cause well. I have a brain.. and not keen on being tracked.. I removed the VPN and tried to post.. but seems Ive been limited where I can post.. how do I fix this guys?

Note see my history, Ive always been helpful and productive.. if the fact I use a VPN is what caused this.. For this site at least I can not use it..

Is this why I cant post in various forums? Apperently I can here thus the post here.

ShadowTek

Which forum were you trying to post in?
There are some pretty odd restrictions here - if you were trying to post in off-topic, for instance, plebs aren't allowed.
(2017-08-03, 00:30)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-03, 00:13)ShadowTek Wrote: [ -> ]And thus, it seems I cant post in many areas in this forum.. to the Kodi team.. what must I do? I can lose the VPN for this site if that is what it takes to post here again. I use a VPN cause well. I have a brain.. and not keen on being tracked.. I removed the VPN and tried to post.. but seems Ive been limited where I can post.. how do I fix this guys?

ShadowTek

Which forum were you trying to post in?
There are some pretty odd restrictions here - if you were trying to post in off-topic, for instance, plebs aren't allowed.

Actually that is where I thought I should have posted this and is where I did try.. I assume that means what.. I'm still a pleb? Just asking?
@ShadowTek

I am a little bit confused.

Are you saying that Aeon Nox forum is the only forum you can post in? I have looked at your account, and can see no restrictions or anything out of the ordinary on it.

Having looked at your posting history, you seem to very rarely post outside this forum.

Is it a login problem? That would be more understandable. Remember that VPN's can be used for various reasons. One of those reasons is spamming. When we receive spam, we block the IP address of that spammer. We have literally done this thousands of times. This means there are thousands of IP addresses blocked from this forum.

For you, this means that when using a VPN, there is a high chance that you might be using an IP address that was previously blocked by us. That would explain why you are not able to login, if that is a problem. It won't explain why you are limited to the Aeon Nox forum though.
Can you PM me?

I don't want anything specific. Just want to see if you have the ability to PM.
(2017-08-03, 00:42)ShadowTek Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-03, 00:30)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]There are some pretty odd restrictions here - if you were trying to post in off-topic, for instance, plebs aren't allowed.
Actually that is where I thought I should have posted this and is where I did try.. I assume that means what.. I'm still a pleb? Just asking?
Yep. You and me both.
(2017-08-03, 00:43)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@ShadowTek

I am a little bit confused.

Are you saying that Aeon Nox forum is the only forum you can post in? I have looked at your account, and can see no restrictions or anything out of the ordinary on it.

Having looked at your posting history, you seem to very rarely post outside this forum.

Is it a login problem? That would be more understandable. Remember that VPN's can be used for various reasons. One of those reasons is spamming. When we receive spam, we block the IP address of that spammer. We have literally done this thousands of times. This means there are thousands of IP addresses blocked from this forum.

For you, this means that when using a VPN, there is a high chance that you might be using an IP address that was previously blocked by us. That would explain why you are not able to login, if that is a problem. It won't explain why you are limited to the Aeon Nox forum though.

Actually.. no.. As the post above you mentioned, I tried to post in off topic.. after I was denied a post elsewher.. but dont remember where.. I tried to report it as an off topic post.. it said I was not aloud to post there, I figured that's the most open topic.. it said this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

This is when I tried to post in off topic if that is normal.. please forgive me.. And please delete this whole thread. and I apologize.. clearly off topic is not publicly available and I apologize.. though before I tried to post there it happened in another place.. thus the attempted post in off topic to ask what was happening.. I clearly picked two areas not allowed to public (though don't remember the first.. sorry) After your post I hit reply in a few forums and was able..(to test) seems ok now.. please delete all this.. I should have sent a PM rather then post here.. I think it was a weird VPN thing.
At the time this was the one forum that worked so I posted this here, I can turn my VPN off when posting here though to avoid future issues, I have no issue with that.. at least not on this great site..

ST
Moved to Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions as discussed. Please try to post here.
Off-Topic:
Members cannot start a new thread here. Members can reply to existing threads if they have not been closed by the moderators. Check bottom right of the page. If the blue "Post Reply" button is visible, then it is ok to reply. If the button is grey, then the thread is closed. I think it may also say Closed instead of Post Reply.

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
This actually happens quite a lot, especially between the moderators. For the moderators, it happens when the thread has just been deleted by another moderator. For members, this would happen when trying to reply to a thread that has just been sent to the bin by a moderator. It has been closed and no further posts will be accepted.

If anything, I think you have just had a couple of bad luck moments.

No apology necessary. Please let me know if you still experience issues. Smile