Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fast Forward & Rewind - Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the latest Kodi 18 nightly but the fast forward and rewind is buggy, what I mean is when I pressed any speed of fast forward or rewind, the timer runs but when I click play button the movie plays from where it was when the fast forward was pressed. Anyone can confirm this bug?

Kodi 17.3 was working flawlessly.
No Debug Log no issue
In short: use skip forward or skip backward. Especially fast backward is a pain for every hw decoder (not saying that android experience can be improved). If you disable mediacodec - all fine, right? (besides the cpu load, use a 720p sample to test).
(2017-08-05, 22:58)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]In short: use skip forward or skip backward. Especially fast backward is a pain for every hw decoder (not saying that android experience can be improved). If you disable mediacodec - all fine, right? (besides the cpu load, use a 720p sample to test).

Yes if I disable mediacodec it works fine. However, in Kodi 17 mediacodec was on with no issues.

I'm trying to upload the log on pastebin but it says, you have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste.

I tried a 720p movie with the same issue.

EDIT:
kodi.log file size is a bit large, 1.48MB.
(2017-08-05, 23:51)iMak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-05, 22:58)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]In short: use skip forward or skip backward. Especially fast backward is a pain for every hw decoder (not saying that android experience can be improved). If you disable mediacodec - all fine, right? (besides the cpu load, use a 720p sample to test).

Yes if I disable mediacodec it works fine. However, in Kodi 17 mediacodec was on with no issues.

I'm trying to upload the log on pastebin but it says, you have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste.

I tried a 720p movie with the same issue.

EDIT:
kodi.log file size is a bit large, 1.48MB.

Jep. Mediacodec gained a lot of improvements in v18, concerning cpu usage, pts handling and much more. For fast forward no one has looked yet, as it's basically super low prio if you have the other things in mind, that did not work reliably in v17 at all. v18 has a long way to go - let's see if that will be improved, too.

What would I loose if I disable the mediacodec?