Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Show over lockscreen doesn't work anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

As the title says, the "show over lockscreen" option of Kore for android suddenly doesn't work anymore for me but it worked until this morning. To explain it better the switch button for the setting works but with no effect at all: if the phone goes on lock I have to put the lock password to regulate volume etc.

I know it's more probably an android issue than a kore's one but since I can't find a solution on google if someone else already encountered this problem and figured out how to solve it, it would be a very useful information for us users.

Ps I already tried enabling all the notification etc for kore in the android general settings and already tried deleting data files, uninstalling it and reinstalling it back but nothing worked and I even tried installing yatse to see if its "show over lockscreen" issue was present there too and it was, so I guess it's android global.

Hope someone has the patience to help me

Thanks a bunch
What version of Android do you have? Did you receive an update before this started happening?
Hello, thanks for the reply

My phone is running on android 6.0.1 and already checked the play store to verify if there has been any kore update but there wasn't. I didn't play with setting either between the time it worked and the time it didn't. I really don't know how to force the option to switch effectively or to delete any kore programs files other than removing program data and uninstalling it to install it back.

Thanks in advance
I meant an update of your device - did you receive any Android update that might have changed that?

There hasn't been any update in standard Android that conflicts with the lockscreen lately, so i don't really know what might be happening. Try reinstalling Kore, and try looking through your phone's settings to check if you spot something unusual that might be preventing Kore from showing up on the lockscreen (some security setting or similar).