Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Wierd problem getting movie info from IMDb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an odd problem with xbmc for xp. i've used the set content command for my movies, selected imdb as source, and tried various others, but everytime i clikc ok to scan the files the progress bar pops up for a quick second and then dissapears, i.e. doesn't do a search at all even thoguh i have a 500 gb usb drive for it to scan. if i press the info button on individual movie files, it pops up the virtual keyboard and asks me to type name of movie. which i do, trying all sorts of combinations to ensure some results but it jsut pops off screen for a split second and then comes back on. its almost as if it cant find an internet connection as it doesnt even have that delay whcih might make it seem like its connecting to a server which might not be found.

weather works fine thoguh so my internet is fine. i've tried using manual settings for internet with no luck.

I have exactly the same library on the mac os x xbmc port and all my info is downlaoded off net without any problems, so im jsut wondering what the problem could be here. ive looked throguh the forums and couldnt find this addressed anywhere. please help this is the very last thing i really need to get up and running, once this works i'll be happy with xbmc for a while.
oh and also, does xbmc support running blue ray rips off hard drive (i.e. i guess the video_ts equivalent of blue ray)?
debug log and no
Here is the debug log. i went straight into xbmc, movies, and did a read new content, then open context menu, set content and imdb.

http://pastebin.com/m70ecde93
according to the log you got bad settings saved. make sure to visit scraper settings and hitting default, then ok.
i just did that. it still retains the pre-programmer scraper address: akas.imdb.com
tried it after setting to default, no luck, exactly same problem still.
oh also, after this didnt work i tried using http://www.imdb.com instead of akas.imdb.com, but when i press ok nothing happens. stays on the screen. when i press escape or cancel it defaults to original server. ive tried this with a variety of skins but same thing.

also, none of my movies show video, but there is audio and subtitles still show up. all these videos work fine when i run them in xp normally.
o and heres the log for one of my videos not playing. ive tried mor ethan a few, all of them same problem:

http://pastebin.com/m2029005d
according to the log your file is broken. and well, what can i say. the log say you have NOT managed to get proper default settings saved. if okay doesnt close the dialog i guess there's a win32 only issue at hand.
well this plays fine in mplayer classic, normal media player, and xbmc os x. also ive tried a bunc hof toher videos, im sure they're not all broken, cosndiering they work fine with all other options. anyway i guess theres nothing much that can be done about this.

as for imdb settings, i went into the xbmc settings for the imdb scraper and changed akas.imdb.com to http://www.imdb.com, no luck. thats really as far as my tech knowledge goes, im guessing the problem is with some more basic and technical config. when i click reset defaults, it defaults my radio buttons to default, but im sure theres something beneath just the visual settings it resets whcih i cant figure ou (and ofcourse the ok button not working means even if it reset everything it would do me no good)
There were a lot of changes recently to the svn also regarding the win32 version. Not sure if it'll fix the mentioned bugs thou but one step after another Wink
WiSo Wrote:There were a lot of changes recently to the svn also regarding the win32 version. Not sure if it'll fix the mentioned bugs thou but one step after another Wink

Any chance you could upload another exe for us to play with Wiso? Big Grin
when xbmc gets updated, do i just need to update the main xbmc.exe file or should i be installing full package and overwriting old one. i've have made some customizations to some settings, skins etc, which i dont want to be overwritten so need to know if i should keeps tabs on these.
At the moment updating the exe is enough but this might change when using the visualization because they're differently compiled.
We hit an annoying bug recently which needs to be fixed first before releasing another experimental build.
i realized i do have the latest version from march 8th (or 9th?). i got this from the t3ch website as was mentioned in the guide posted on this site. i was doing some more reading and i realized theres an opengl and a directx version and additnally a t3ch version (which is one of these or totally different?). some people have mentioned the other builds working, i have no idea where to get them, or if they are even official as i want to stick to the official one. if i should be using something other than the t3ch build please let me know.
Pages: 1 2