Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playing Video from HTTP Source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm looking to share a couple of videos which I currently have hosted on a website; .mkv videos which I know to be playable on Kodi when on internal storage.

I was hoping to be able to add the website as a Videos source within Kodi, so that any videos contained within could be played, and I can update/change them for everyone by editing the website files.

Directory browsing is enabled on the website, however when I add it as a source I cannot see either the folders or the video files. Kodi allows me to add the source but when I open it from Videos > Files it is empty. I can browse to the videos through any web browser so it is not a permissions issue.

Should I be able to do this? If Kodi cannot do this by default, is there an add-on which will allow it?

If I'm not making sense I can add some screenshots!

Many thanks in advance,
it works with nginx/apache, watch out if you have any special styling or simular. post html of your file browsing here
(2017-08-07, 22:48)marantz Wrote: [ -> ]it works with nginx/apache, watch out if you have any special styling or simular. post html of your file browsing here

Ah, the webserver is using IIS - that would explain it! Do you know if there is a workaround? I have a Windows VPS so can probably install Apache, though it would be easier if I could use IIS.

Thanks for your quick reply.
A YouTube account comes to mind immediately, access through the YouTube add-on?