Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RunXM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Definitely optional. I wouldn't expect any commitment on your part or contributors. I have no idea what kind of interest there is but I sure like the idea.

Just reading through the thread it seemed like a fun piece of code.
It is quite a lot of fun to do... I'm not a pro coder/designer for anything I do... my own website is a combination of Perl/CGI and PHP with HTML, and for the most part, the images there are things I've created. I've done this on my own for the past ten years and have no bosses to hear anything from, and everything works the way I want it to, so I'm happy. However, if I were to do any of this professionally, my work would probably be criticized to no limit for it's organization, or lack of. I'm mostly self-taught with these things, and mostly any changes I do happen because of trial and error for anything I've done. Python (which makes RunXM operate), isn't easy, but it's also not difficult... if you're familiar with programming. I've tried to make notes in the scripts to let anyone know what the codes mean and do, since everything is open access for anyone to customize how they want, if someone wanted.

I just realized I didn't answer the other part of your question: I don't see why this would not work for the upcoming release of XBMC, but, no, I have not yet tested the current script with the demo yet.

Edit: RunXM for the new XBMC is going to require an update to work. I just got a chance to check out the required changes and will need to digest/implement everything.
The requirements for addons in the new version of XBMC coming soon is not difficult at all. They're implemented currently, and it is running on my computer. The problems I'm seeing are that once you're in RunXM, you're stuck with whatever is playing and you can't pick another channel (you have to shut down XBMC and restart it), and the highlights of the main list of channels does not show. Hopefully these are something on XBMC's beta side that should be worked out by the time XBMC Dharma is finalized. At this point, I am not considering this a fully functional script, so I'll be holding out on an "official" release. I'll keep taking a look at it over the next few days to see whats up.

The locations of addons in Dharma XBMC have changed, once released, you will have to reprogram the username/password again on first run... you could also transfer the 'data' folder to the new location as well.
Thanks for the update. I'm very glad to hear that it's still workable.
calvin - if I can be so bold, I know you tinkered with the Sirius version of this script also. I think I speak for MANY XBMC users when I say you'd be a god among men if you could ressurect that dead script and allow us to play Sirius through XBMC.

I know it isn't ideal - but can't you sign up for 30 day trials of SiriusXM using dummy email accounts, etc?

If there's a donation bucket created to support the cause - I'm happy to throw in. I'd love to get this working.
deepblue Wrote:I know it isn't ideal - but can't you sign up for 30 day trials of SiriusXM using dummy email accounts, etc?

Yep, I signed up for the trials... the hardest thing to get past with the Sirius script is the captcha code on login. I've got it coded to where XBMC and the Sirius program does get the correct captcha codes based on the image in the login screen, but either XBMC isn't passing the info correctly through to Sirius' server, and/or Sirius has a behind the scene code that I can't get access to. I take a look at it frequently to see if I missed anything, but always stop after an hour or so because of the annoying-ness.

deepblue Wrote:If there's a donation bucket created to support the cause - I'm happy to throw in. I'd love to get this working.

I'll have to find a place to set that up with. Stay tuned.
I just tried out the latest Sirius version - and running the script produces a captcha entry screen inside XBMC - only you can't see the captcha.

Here's a thought - the web interface has a button to "hear" the captcha, and the audio version of this captcha is numeric only.

Is it feasible/possible to have XBMC trigger that audio and have the user quickly input the 4 digit code they hear to proceed?
deepblue Wrote:I just tried out the latest Sirius version - and running the script produces a captcha entry screen inside XBMC - only you can't see the captcha.

Is it feasible/possible to have XBMC trigger that audio and have the user quickly input the 4 digit code they hear to proceed?

Oooh, I like your thinking with that audio part- yes, that's actually pretty easy. The reason you can't see the captcha image is that it is trying to download the captcha image to local storage (as far as I know, there's no way to display an image that is located on the internet), but for some reason, that image isn't being downloaded. Still, the problem is that when you do type in the identical code that's returned (I made a change to where the captcha code is entered into a text file so I could try typing it in manually), pressing/clicking the 'Login' button in that screen does nothing.
I've made some progress for implementing things I've done on RunXM into the Sirius script, so now, like RunXM, performing an upgrade to the coding will not overwrite the username and password. Up until now, these were coded into the script itself, and anytime an upgrade came along, you'd have to re-edit. With this said, I am still experiencing the 'Login' button problem. But, I have also made progress in other parts, the captcha code is now showing up at the login screen, and I went through and cleaned up ALL of the coding. Seriously, it was a mess! Anyone curious to try getting the Sirius script functional again can download a zip file of my changes as of today, here.
calvin8714 Wrote:The requirements for addons in the new version of XBMC coming soon is not difficult at all. They're implemented currently, and it is running on my computer. The problems I'm seeing are that once you're in RunXM, you're stuck with whatever is playing and you can't pick another channel (you have to shut down XBMC and restart it), and the highlights of the main list of channels does not show. Hopefully these are something on XBMC's beta side that should be worked out by the time XBMC Dharma is finalized. At this point, I am not considering this a fully functional script, so I'll be holding out on an "official" release. I'll keep taking a look at it over the next few days to see whats up.

The locations of addons in Dharma XBMC have changed, once released, you will have to reprogram the username/password again on first run... you could also transfer the 'data' folder to the new location as well.

So it sounds like you got RunXM working in Dharma...yes, no? If so, would you please mind telling me how? I've tried everything I can think of to trick XBMC into using it as an addon, but I've struck out every time. I used to use RunXM years ago and am excited to see what you've done with it! Thanks for all your efforts!

Nathan
nmiller Wrote:So it sounds like you got RunXM working in Dharma...yes, no? If so, would you please mind telling me how? I've tried everything I can think of to trick XBMC into using it as an addon, but I've struck out every time. I used to use RunXM years ago and am excited to see what you've done with it! Thanks for all your efforts!

Nathan

You've got it correct... it does work, but it doesn't. It's pretty easy to do, actually. I'm assuming you have Windows and used default installation settings for XBMC, instructions will be somewhat different if you're running Mac or Linux.

Start menu, run (or Windows keyboard logo+'R'), type in "%appdata%"
go to the XBMC folder, you'll see a few folders... within the scripts folder RunXM should be present. click and drag the whole folder into the addons folder of the XBMC parent folder.

Rename the whole folder as "script.music.runxm"

I still can't find a cause of the problems the script is having with essentially needing to shut down XBMC to change stations. another person is taking a look at the script to assist.
Well let me first start by saying thank you for the quick response. I had actually tried what you suggested and just no luck. I tried it again after you sent your response just in case I messed something up the first time. No matter what I do I cannot see it under Music -> Music Addons. I don't see the option, just my other addon grooveshark. I really am bummed as I want to get RunXM working again.

I am using Linux and this is a fresh installation so I didn't move any previous install. I just copied the contents of your zip file into script.music.runxm as you instructed. I just can't find the addon to us within XBMC. Is there something special I need to do within XBMC to make it show up, or somewhere special to look?

Thanks again!
Just to clarify I did copy it into /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/

I also do understand that it won't function as it should at the moment but even partial functionality would be fine for the moment.
nmiller Wrote:Just to clarify I did copy it into /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/

I also do understand that it won't function as it should at the moment but even partial functionality would be fine for the moment.

Well, crap. It was working, now I can't seem to see it either. I'll look into it...
Ok... so... I was checking my usual websites and just happened to stumble on a doosy... If you aren't aware yet, Sirius and XM recently combined their websites into SiriusXM.com, and have revamped their streaming interface into a flash driven interface. As far as I know, all of the code for logging in, accessing the channels, displaying the songs playing- essentially all of the coding needed to get RunXM/Sirius operational- lies within the flash interface which probably only Sirius/XM designers have access to, and interactive flash does not (as far as I know) work on XBMC, and it doesn't seem that this ability will be added (due to no open source flash player interpreter being available).

So... at this point, I think retiring the RunXM/Sirius XBMC scripts is the only option. It's been a fun ride, and thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement in getting these up and running after Sirius/XM website adjustments. I'll still be around the XBMC forums, and I'll try to get some other scripts going.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7