Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why is my question banned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok passive aggressive moderator, like I said I'm new and seeking help. I see other questions being asked about Kodi and Krypton. So what is wrong with my question being asked here? I don't see how my question wording is questionable based on what I'm seeing on this thread?
So please be clear on how you are watching Game of Thrones, if not using a banned addon (wiki) which violates the site piracy policy (wiki) and which would preclude any support for you or your device here whilst they are installed? If you have a legal and legitimate source, please identify what it is.

These are the standard forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to when you signed up here, whether you bothered to actually read them or not.
Which question did you ask?
There is an option in Kodi that links your Hulu, Netflix and HBO (at least on mine). I think its program addons or something. I click on that and it exits from Kodi and opens up the program, which I pay for. I never said I was pirating anything in my question, so why was it banned?
You weren't clear and didn't provide that information...

You're not actually watching GoT in Kodi, but in one of those separate apps (HBO I'd guess). Kodi is just acting as a front-end, so your issue isn't actually related to Kodi but whatever app is actually being used as your external player.

To be totally sure though, gather a debug log (wiki) of the issue occurring, upload it to pastebin.com and post their link to it here. Then we can fully confirm exactly what's going on, but it sounds like an external player issue.

You could also check that by directly testing using the HBO (or whatever) app and not involving Kodi at all and see if the issue happens or not.
My initial reaction was a moderation overreach too but for Game of Thrones in particular, I can't think of any legal DRM-free sources that will play in Kodi. If he was talking about a TV show like Preacher, you could get that from a HDhomerun on OTA, open QAM, or maybe even cablecard if your provider set it copy-freely. But HBO is not available that way anywhere. The only way to watch it in Kodi is with a pirate addon or to pirate the movie elsewhere and then watch inside Kodi.

Edit: Ahh, outside Kodi. Gotcha.
My question in a nutshell was my firestick froze on the home screen and was not responding with the remote. I had krypton 17.3 on it. When I got the firestick to work and checked Kodi, Jarvis 16.0 was on it. Hi do I get krypton back?

I never said I was pirating anything. I just wanted to watch Game of Thrones and I happen to have paid HBO Now along with Kodi on my firestick. I was checking all my applications on firestick since it froze and now it's all wonky.
See my (updated) posts above.

It sounds like your HBO app is having the problem, with Kodi just acting as a front-end and not involved directly. A debug log (wiki) would confirm that.
Not sure how it reverted versions on its own. Kodi isn't installed as a default system app so you can't uninstall updates in that manner. Anyway, follow the same instructions as when you first got the firestick to install Krypton on top of Jarvis. No reason to think that will have any impact on your HBO Now android app, but I assume you fixed that already.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV
Yes I thought it reverting back was very odd. I wasn't sure if there was some bug or weird thing about Kodi I didn't know about.

Also since I'm really new to Kodi, how do I upload the debug file here? Thanks.
(2017-08-08, 19:30)Sugaboogie Wrote: [ -> ]Ok passive aggressive moderator, like I said I'm new and seeking help. I see other questions being asked about Kodi and Krypton. So what is wrong with my question being asked here? I don't see how my question wording is questionable based on what I'm seeing on this thread?

What didn't you do to get your post binned... Multiple posts (three to be exact) and what was that? You have a "Sweet Fire TV Setup" with the help of a YOUTUBER, LOL Tell me what kinda Sweet setup you got?
My sweet setup was being able to link the programs like Netflix, HBO on Kodi. We use Kodi to house our movies, I didn't know you could pirate. And yes, I used YouTube on how to setup our movies and music so my widowed mother can have something to watch during the day and we can watch our paid programming on it at night. Geez.

Like I said, I wasnt sure why my question was banned because I never said I was pirating anything. I wanted to know why Kodi reverted back to the old version. Hence me checking the forum rules not seeing any logical explaination as to why my question was banned based on what I initially wrote, and re-asking the question 3 times. Initially I thought it was banned because I asked the question in the wrong support forum. Like I said, I'm new to this.

Maybe you stop passing judgement and assuming when someone has a "sweet setup" it isn't due to pirating or anything illegal.
(2017-08-08, 21:00)Sugaboogie Wrote: [ -> ]My sweet setup was being able to link the programs like Netflix, HBO on Kodi. We use Kodi to house our movies, I didn't know you could pirate. And yes, I used YouTube on how to setup our movies and music so my widowed mother can have something to watch during the day and we can watch our paid programming on it at night. Geez.

Like I said, I wasnt sure why my question was banned because I never said I was pirating anything. I wanted to know why Kodi reverted back to the old version. Hence me checking the forum rules not seeing any logical explaination as to why my question was banned based on what I initially wrote, and re-asking the question 3 times. Initially I thought it was banned because I asked the question in the wrong support forum. Like I said, I'm new to this.

Maybe you stop passing judgement and assuming when someone has a "sweet setup" it isn't due to pirating or anything illegal.
I'm going by your words and actions, if you cannot gauge the atmosphere and surroundings of the forum you are posting in; Then things like this happen...

Maybe instead of projecting your frustration outwardly, take this as a learning experience.

Sent from my SM-G935T
As has already been said, a Debug log after recreating the error is required to eliminate any guesswork. See here for details http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_Log
Ok well I'll do that when you tell me exactly where in my original post I said I was pirating or doing something illegal? Dissect it word for word, but you inferred I was up to no good. My Kodi setup was sweet to my family based on our usage.

Maybe you should take as a learning experience when someone is seeking help, that's all they're doing and not trying to cheat the system and pirate.
Pages: 1 2