Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Addon not giving update option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gang, newbie here and hoping that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have an add-on thats currently working but I wanted to update it to a new version that allows for a fresh start option. I have the new code tested and ready to update but I cannot get my current add-on to update to the new version. I have changed the version numbers in the addon.xml and the default.py files and also noted the changes in changelog.txt file.

Also, I kept the add-on the same name and also under the same directory.

I have went into the add-on and tried to manually do an update but its telling me that there isn't one available.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Sorry if this is a frequent question...
(2017-08-08, 21:09)hardeec Wrote: [ -> ]Hey gang, newbie here and hoping that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have an add-on wizard thats currently working but I wanted to update it to a new version that allows for a fresh start option. I have the new code tested and ready to update but I cannot get my current add-on to update to the new version. I have changed the version numbers in the addon.xml and the default.py files and also noted the changes in changelog.txt file.

Also, I kept the add-on the same name and also under the same directory.

I have went into the add-on and tried to manually do an update but its telling me that there isn't one available.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Sorry if this is a frequent question...
What's an add-on wizard?

Sent from my SM-G935T
Thats what I named the add-on.
Kodi doesn't require "wizards" to update plugins....

You'll have to brush up on Kodi addons.xml/repository structures.

Your posts doesn't mention either of those.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Okay, I will do that. Thank you.

Lets forget about it being a wizard and just say its a regular working app. If I update the code in an app shouldn't Kodi upgrade it or is there a flag in a file somewhere that I need to change from a current version 1 to say 2? I go under add-ons and find mine then tell it to upgrade but nothing. Im sorry but I'm new at all of this.
(2017-08-08, 21:34)hardeec Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I will do that. Thank you.

Lets forget about it being a wizard and just say its a regular working app. If I update the code in an app shouldn't Kodi upgrade it or is there a flag in a file somewhere that I need to change from a current version 1 to say 2? I go under add-ons and find mine then tell it to upgrade but nothing. Im sorry but I'm new at all of this.
If you change code then yes, Kodi would pickup the changes... However Kodi will only rescan add-on.xml for changes on boot and/or when you force a refresh... Also Kodi maynot recompile new code depending on how your code is being used. Rebooting or quitting Kodi would "dismount" services and allow new python code to recompile.

Sent from my SM-G935T
I have tried rebooting and also forcing a refresh to allow it to go out and get the new one but it still doesn't grab it. Here is the addon.xml old code vs the new code where I just changed the version number from 1.0.0 to 2.0.0 and I made a similar change in the default.py. Is that all I should have to do?

OLD CODE

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.CubedHKodi" name="CubedH" version="1.0.0" provider-name="CubedH">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py">
<provides>video executable</provides>
</extension>
<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
<summary lang="en">CubedH</summary>
<description lang="en">CubedH Basic Installation</description>
<website>http://www.cubedh.com</website>
<platform>all</platform>
</extension>
</addon>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.CubedHKodi" name="CubedH" version="2.0.0" provider-name="CubedH">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py">
<provides>video executable</provides>
</extension>
<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
<summary lang="en">CubedH</summary>
<description lang="en">CubedH Basic Installation</description>
<website>http://www.cubedh.com</website>
<platform>all</platform>
</extension>
</addon>
Check for duplicate folders with the same add-on Id.
Sent from my SM-G935T
ok, thank u!
I see just that one plugin.video.cubedh folder. Im at a loss and been beating my head about all day on this so I may take a break. Anything else you may can think of I would greatly appreciate it.
(2017-08-08, 22:20)hardeec Wrote: [ -> ]I see just that one plugin.video.cubedh folder. Im at a loss and been beating my head about all day on this so I may take a break. Anything else you may can think of I would greatly appreciate it.
Not without a log...

Sent from my SM-G935T