Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Relink Imported Video Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Kodi Libary on my Desktop PC with the Video Source as an SMB to Wireless HDD in which all the posters/fanart/sort titles are all organised meticulously.

I've recently installed Kodi on a Firestick in another room connecting to the same SMB. Rather than re-organise the library (which is huge pain in the ass without a keyboard) I've been attempting to Export the Library from my PC then import it on the Firestick.

Covers/sort titles etc. look great however the files didn't seem to be linked and I have no video sources added. I re-added the SMB sources to the firestick, which does nothing if I don't update the library, and adds a duplicate for every film if I do (which works fine but I get the default scraped covers/sort titles)

I realised the paths may differ between the different devices so I checked. The Video sources for my PC are M:\ and T:\ (Same HDD volumes just renamed on my PC for Movies and TV respectively) the working firestick sources are SMB://MEDIACENTER/Volume_1/ and SMB://MEDIACENTER/Volume_2/

I assumed this could be fixed by doing a replace on the XML for all instances of the PC path (i.e M:\ to SMB://MEDIACENTER/Volume_2/) however this doesn't work either, even when I re-add the video source.
Any steps I'm missing in this process, or does anyone have a possible solution, either a way to relink the files or merge them with the correct metadata?

I'm running Krypton on both devices, I'm also looking as this as a one time organisation of my current library, I'll still need to be able to run library updates on startup when new Movies/TV is added without overwriting the imported metadata! If that's possible