Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: a few questions about list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all Smile

a few questions..

1. i want to change horizontal list order from ascending to descending
for example in DialogPVRGuideOSD.xml i have the list id 11 that shows channel guide by time:
05:00 , 06:00 , 07:00 . . .
i need :
. . .07:00, 06:00, 05:00

2. i want to view epggrid on another window but in different look. how can i take the list from MyPvrGuide.xml
to another window i.e (Includes_Window.xml)

Thanks .Cool
Afaik, you can't do either of these things.

Also, Includes_Window is not a window, it is a file that contains includes. Includes are basically snippets of code that you *include* in other parts of the skin.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual#Includes

The epg must always be inside MyPVRGuide.xml
But you can references includes from elsewhere because the include is basically like telling the skin to copy code from the include and paste it where you are referencing it so that you don't have to repeat stuff over and over.

If you want to see how to have different layouts for the EPG look at my code for Horizon:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.hor...de.xml#L15

You can see that I reference two separate includes by using a condition based upon a skin setting:
Code:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(PVRGuideFullScreen)">View_PVRGuide_Fullscreen</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(PVRGuideFullScreen)">View_PVRGuide_WithInfo</include>

The code for these includes is inside my Includes_View.xml file:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.hor...w.xml#L512

So if the setting is true then I include one set of code, and if it is false I include a different set of code. Each of those has a different EPG layout.
(2017-08-09, 09:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Afaik, you can't do either of these things.

Also, Includes_Window is not a window, it is a file that contains includes. Includes are basically snippets of code that you *include* in other parts of the skin.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual#Includes

The epg must always be inside MyPVRGuide.xml
But you can references includes from elsewhere because the include is basically like telling the skin to copy code from the include and paste it where you are referencing it so that you don't have to repeat stuff over and over.

If you want to see how to have different layouts for the EPG look at my code for Horizon:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.hor...de.xml#L15

You can see that I reference two separate includes by using a condition based upon a skin setting:
Code:
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(PVRGuideFullScreen)">View_PVRGuide_Fullscreen</include>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(PVRGuideFullScreen)">View_PVRGuide_WithInfo</include>

The code for these includes is inside my Includes_View.xml file:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.hor...w.xml#L512

So if the setting is true then I include one set of code, and if it is false I include a different set of code. Each of those has a different EPG layout.

i see..
ok i tell u what i want to do maybe you have another idea.
i want to create a OSD on PVR look like real tv.
so i changed the VideoOSD.xml:

Code:
<controls>
        <include condition="VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)">Window_OSD_PVR</include>
        <include condition="!VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV)">Window_OSD</include>
</controls>

and changed some things in Included_Window.xml
its looks like this now:

i want to make it more usefull by add functions like when u
press up: u can see info (on the osd) about next channel
down: info about previous channel
left: info about next channel episode
right: info about previous channel episode

maybe you have an idea how to do this
helpAngel
I would add that to DialogFullScreenInfo.xml so it appears with the info button but to each there own Smile

I can think of two ways to do this atm the first being properties set for onclick onup ect... and cleared onload, unload, onclick... or conditionally focus a hidden button onload and use that for onclick onup or whatever you prefer. That caveat is that if using VideoOSD.xml, that "usually" has buttons in it and if you focus a hidden button those can no longer be used without a way to navigate to them which, if added, could complicate navigation in the first place. I do not see any buttons in your pic though so... Huh
(2017-08-13, 05:40)mikeSiLVO Wrote: [ -> ]I would add that to DialogFullScreenInfo.xml so it appears with the info button but to each there own Smile

I can think of two ways to do this atm the first being properties set for onclick onup ect... and cleared onload, unload, onclick... or conditionally focus a hidden button onload and use that for onclick onup or whatever you prefer. That caveat is that if using VideoOSD.xml, that "usually" has buttons in it and if you focus a hidden button those can no longer be used without a way to navigate to them which, if added, could complicate navigation in the first place. I do not see any buttons in your pic though so... Huh

but to do that i need to use a list?
if i do not use a list how i can see next/previous channel information?

and if i use dinamic list for channels
Code:
<control type="list">
   <content>pvr://channels/tv/All channels</content>
</control>
it open the list focused the first channel how i can open a list focus current playing channel
Lots of questions... I don't really have the time to answer them but I suggest you do what most other skinners do and use trial and error, skin reload, and try again.

I was just responding to the onclick, onup question... No idea about a list or even what your intentions is.

jurialmunkey responded and I think his advice and/or recommendation would be spot on. He has been around for awhile and his opinion like the many great skilled skinners before and current should be considered gospel unless you have discovered a new method you'd like to share with the rest of the class... Wink

Edit: I did do something like this in my own skin, an example is here.

Then you can just use that as a visible condition to show a "textbox" "label" or whatever control you'd like. If your confident in coding you can also use includes if you know what I mean by that.

I can only speak for myself but there is a learning curve to skinning that just cannot be told. You have to learn it for yourself and realize that it involves a level of experimentation or a result that sometimes only discovery after trial and error can reveal Big Grin

Good Luck Nod