Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kaster - A chromecast-like screensaver for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
v1.1.0  21/2/2018
- Support for network shares (tks InuSasha).
- Recursive folder support for personal images 
- Black background as an option
- Option to hide dim overlay
- Added spanish translation (tks roliverosc)

Pull-request: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/780
@enen92 I have a suggestion it would be great that when a video is paused instead of dimmed the screen would come out your logo moving across the screen like an ordinary dvd or Blu-ray player. Would you be able to implement this? It would be super cool.

PD: Thanks you for the mention. Regards.
I am not even sure you can start a screensaver if video is paused. My bet is that you can't. Either way, that is something for another screensaver or even a service addon that detects the video is paused for a given ammount of time and starts an overlay. Not for this one which the only goal is to mimic the chromecast screensaver
Cheers
I'm not saying that kaster does it. I wanted to say as you say that you could create a service that would do it.
I absolutely love this screensaver.  I have noticed that the default clock font doesn't work with Arctic Zephyr though, it show up as depicted below.  Is this a dependency issue with the Arctic Zephyr skin or is it something that could be tweaked in the screensaver? Image
It is something that has to be hacked in the screensaver code. Unfortunately addons in Kodi do not support yet the use of custom fonts so they come from the skin. I'll have a look.
Thanks for reporting
Thanks!
v1.2.0
- Improve skinning (better element positioning)
- Set clock font for Actic Zephyr skin

Pull request: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/796
(2018-02-28, 22:07)tacky147 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely love this screensaver.  I have noticed that the default clock font doesn't work with Arctic Zephyr though, it show up as depicted below.  Is this a dependency issue with the Arctic Zephyr skin or is it something that could be tweaked in the screensaver? Image
 Just to say - I also love this screensaver, brilliant job!

I do however also have this issue with clock and the eminence skin.
(2018-03-01, 20:12)dcrdev Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-28, 22:07)tacky147 Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely love this screensaver.  I have noticed that the default clock font doesn't work with Arctic Zephyr though, it show up as depicted below.  Is this a dependency issue with the Arctic Zephyr skin or is it something that could be tweaked in the screensaver? Image
 Just to say - I also love this screensaver, brilliant job!

I do however also have this issue with clock and the eminence skin. 
 https://github.com/enen92/screensaver.ka...e783592514

I'll push a new version to the repo after dinner.
v1.2.1 2/3/2018
- update spanish translation (tks roliversc)
- Clock font for eminence skin

Pull request: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scripts/pull/799
I was wondering if there might be a way to review the last, say 15 images (more or less) and see additional details. Maybe with a link or just more info. Chromecast offers this option through the phone companion app. Obviously that isnt an option, but maybe in the settings pane that you can open  
If nothing else maybe just even being able to look at the last few images so that then maybe we can reverse image search
Interesting idea the image reverse search Smile
I plan to do a scrapper using selenium or phatomjs to grab images from the chromecast screensaver (and data). There seem to be a lot of new images Smile
Let's see when I find some time to do it
Bu will we be able to go back or have a cache of the images to view them, it doesnt even nessisarily need to be local, just a list of the last however images that were shown on screen so that we can look at them again if we so choose
Hi @enen92 when you are going to update with a new version the translation for spanish language does not have the last release of github.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6