Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hardcode background image for buttons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i am trying to hardcode background images for confluence home buttons. --> system - programs - video wheather etc.

i believe its its in home.xml i need to do some magic.

i have been digging this forumbut unable to find a valid method for the updated confluence.

note that am not looking for a multiimage controller. as i want static image for each button.

i am not looking for alternative guisettings.xml solutions.

please advice

please only constructive replies.
Most of the graphics within Kodi are kept in the textures archive, although depending on the add-on weather might use it's own media. Here's a few wiki's that should help you TexturePacker (wiki) and TextureTool (wiki) and this is related http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning
Took me a 6 hours to figure out,

for anyone that try to setup custom background images for home buttons. you can do using the below method:

in home.xml
add the following line to your button:
(e.g. in my case i have a custom button called cartoon)

<item id="95">
<label>Cartoon</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025, plugin://plugin.video.homecartoon/streams/1)</onclick>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoStandardButton)</visible>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/cartoon.jpg</icon> <----add this line
<thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

Now open IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml

change this line:
<texture fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/SKINDEFAULT.jpg">$INFO[Skin.CurrentTheme,special://skin/backgrounds/,.jpg]</texture>
to:
<texture fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/SKINDEFAULT.jpg">$INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Icon]</texture>

Thats all Smile