Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Universal Movie Scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following movie:
"The Sunset Limited" 2011 (with Samuel Jackson & Tommy Lee Jones)

Keeps being incorrectly identified as
"Till Sunset" 2011

It does not matter what I do. It wants the wrong name.

Who's in charge of fixing your records? It does not matter how many times I rename the file with different names to get your scraper to properly identify the movie, it insists on the wrong name.

Your data base needs some kind of "Submit bug" or some kind of name issue ticket system.
@tomncoffee

Quote:Who's in charge of fixing your records
You are. They are not our records.

I suggest you familiarise yourself on how the scraping process works, as well as required naming conventions. Start here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

If a movie has scraped incorrectly then call up the Movie Information page and select Refresh. The movie will rescrape, but this time it will offer a list of similarly named movies that you can choose from.

Quote:Your data base needs some kind of "Submit bug" or some kind of name issue ticket system.
We have no database.
(2017-08-10, 23:11)tomncoffee Wrote: [ -> ]It does not matter what I do. It wants the wrong name.

Didn't try refreshing the info though. Wink

As Karellen said above simply hit refresh and then select from the list. Tested with a dummy file and it did indeed select 'Till Sunset' first time but refreshing the info gave me this list to choose from -

This is caused by the fact that "limited" is one of the terms cleaned by Kodi in the cleanstrings regex, so only "The Sunset" (and the year "2011") are used by the scraper.

I guess the goodness-of-fit metric Kodi uses ranks "Till Sunset" higher than "The Sunset Limited" as a match for "The Sunset".