Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video library merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two HDD drives with video files on it and connected to an Odroid C2 box through an USB hub.

Kodi 17.3 created two separate librarys (one for each drive) but I want to have only one library for both drives. Is it possible to "merge" the librarys or there's any way to do that all files of both drives are registered in only one library?

Thank you!
Can you explain how you added these drives to Kodi?
Normally, one would add both drives as two sources, both with content set as "Movies". Once scraped, movies of both drives should be visible in the video library of Kodi.
I assume you are looking at these movies in Library mode, not File mode?
(2017-08-11, 19:33)PH-SYM Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain how you added these drives to Kodi?
Normally, one would add both drives as two sources, both with content set as "Movies". Once scraped, movies of both drives should be visible in the video library of Kodi.
I assume you are looking at these movies in Library mode, not File mode?

Sorry for the bigggg delay to repond  Confused

What I usually do is: each time that I add a new film to one of the HDD, I go to the File mode, select the video file, set as "video" and scrap all the information.

If I browse the HDD using the File mode there's no problem, but if I browse the Movies mode ("movies" from the left side main menu) sometimes I can see the film listed but sometimes not ¿?¿? I declared the file as a "video" again but I have the same problem. Even I re-scanned both drives to found new films to refresh the Movies list but some films continue without being shown.

I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but what can be? It's really crazy for me...
It sounds like the movies are named incorrectly. Though this comment is a bit confusing... "select the video file, set as "video" and scrap all the information". I just cannot find the steps that lets you "set as "video"", so I don't know what you are doing here and could be contributing to the issue.

Can you list the name of a couple of these movies that do not appear in the library. Just copy and paste the name. Then also provide the link to the movie at the scraper site.
(2017-11-11, 21:33)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like the movies are named incorrectly. Though this comment is a bit confusing... "select the video file, set as "video" and scrap all the information". I just cannot find the steps that lets you "set as "video"", so I don't know what you are doing here and could be contributing to the issue.

Can you list the name of a couple of these movies that do not appear in the library. Just copy and paste the name. Then also provide the link to the movie at the scraper site.

I was think the same, that the movie is not correctly named, but when I scrap the information from the "The Movie Datbase" all the movie data is correct so, it shold be correcly recognised by the database.

With "set as video" I mean right click on the mouse while the movie is selected in File mode. A menu appears and I can choose the last option (I do not know in English because I have Kodi in catalan, but should be something like "Change settings"). Once clicked a new pop up comes with 3 options, Music, Videos and Images. I set to Videos and and download the scrap from TMDB.

I will take your advise and made a list of non-recognised movies. I'll conect the HDD to the computer, created a list and then comprare with the one of Kodi. It will take some time due I have more than 800 films...

Thank you for your response.
There seems to be a confusion with terminology here. I understand English is second language for you.

Firstly, I think the problem is that you are accessing your movies via Files mode. Why? You should just use the TV Shows and Movies options on the Main Menu / Home Screen. Using those will combine your two drives into the single library for Movies and TV Shows.

Quote:Once clicked a new pop up comes with 3 options, Music, Videos and Images. I set to Videos and and download the scrap from TMDB.
You are referring to Set Content. It does not show the options you are mentioning. The options are Movies, Music Videos, None and TV Shows. If your list is showing something different, please post a screenshot.

It sounds like your movies are scraped, you are just using the wrong menu option. But if you still have titles with no information, then I don't need a complete list. Just give me the titles of two videos that have no information. Similar to this...

F:\Movies- Test - Scraped\Ender's Game (2013)\Ender's Game (2013).mp4