Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Libreelec client cannot connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to run PVR WMC on a LibreELEC 8.0.2 system. This is a new system (NUC). ServerWMC is on a Win 7 VM (firewall off) on my network and is set to run as a service, When I start Libreelec I get:
"add-on couldn't be loaded" "an unknown error has occurred"
After if I try to run TV I get PVR Manager is starting but it stays at 0%.
I've tried with PVR WMC using the sever name (htserver) and its IP (10.2.1.4)

I have a Openelec system and a Kodi system that connect without issue. Reading the logs show that the server (htserver 10.2.1.4) is down, however it is up.
If I SSH into the libreelec system I can ping the server and telnet to it. See below:
SpareBR:/ # ping htserver
PING htserver (10.2.1.4): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 10.2.1.4: seq=0 ttl=128 time=0.560 ms
64 bytes from 10.2.1.4: seq=1 ttl=128 time=0.386 ms
64 bytes from 10.2.1.4: seq=2 ttl=128 time=0.425 ms
^C
--- htserver ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 0.386/0.457/0.560 ms
SpareBR:/ # telnet htserver 9080
hello
Connection closed by foreign host
SpareBR:/ #
Addition - I made a change to Libreelec to wait for the network before starting Kodi. Apparently this has helped. I do get info from the server. However I cannot open a channel - I'm getting Recorded TV folder not found errors.

Time to run this in debug again.
Check the system time of the NUC and the ServerWMC PC. That has caused mine to fail to load the add-on.

Also, maybe try deleting the DVR database in kodi, that never hurts.
Arrgh! Sometimes Libreelec can communicate with the server, then other times it doesn't. It seems to be consistent though in that if I boot and it communicates it keeps working. Reboot and maybe, maybe not. If it doesn't only a reboot will get it to work. If it communicates it will not recognize the recording share. However I can mount the share from the command line.
Libreelec will not resolve DNS properly. It can resolve myserver but not myserver.mydomain.local. I have it set exactly the same as a openelec system (resolv.conf) which works fine. I've change everything over to IPs, used non-domain account for access to the recordings folder, etc.
Time on all systems is sync'd using a local ntp server.

I think the solution is use openelec instead.
Turns out Libreelec doesn't "like" .local domains. Changing to another domain extension fixed it.