Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem title of serie in french but description in english
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everyone,

I've got a problem with kody 17 (on android mi box) with series.
i don't have this problem with movies...

the title of my series is in french but i don't know why none of the description of serie or episode are in french too, they are in english...
i use moviedatabase and tvdb...i choosed french language... don't know why it doesn't work as well as for the movies...

can anybody help me? do i need a new scraper?

thanks in advance for your help cause i'm a bit lost in all those menuSmile
Hello genesian,

Can you provide a link to a couple of those series that give you the English description and not the French description.

No, you do not need a new scraper. The possible causes for this are

1. Scraper set with incorrect settings
2. There are no French entries at the scraper site.
Yes...game of thrones, the walking dead, the last man on earth, Vikings, American horror story....

The thing is that they are all in English audio with french subtitles...can it be the problem?
For GOT it is simple: thetvdb does not have a french entry for that series:

http://thetvdb.com/?string=game+of+thron...ion=Search

I'll leave you to search the others, I assume it'll be the same problem.

Of course, once you have added french versions to thetvdb, everyone else will benefit.
How do we add french description to thetvdb?
Actually, my apologies, I looked at tvdb again and there are french entries for GOT. I hadn't clicked "search all languages".

Being an english speaker, I haven't played with language settings much, so am not sure what will fix this, other than to suggest looking in our wiki.
And now I have looked further and Season 7 doesn't seem to have French episode titles or plot descriptions.

So they do need adding in later seasons. Unfortunately the seasons are locked, you'd need to go to their forum and ask for them to be unlocked so you can add the french info.
Thanks for your help and messages.

The thing is that î installed kodi on PC and test and all is in french. So I surely have done a mistake somewhere on my android box.

How can I change or delete a source for TV series on kodi android?

Can't we modify the season 7 on my android device only if it is blocked?