Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: With Mediacodec, video doesn't stretch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Kodi 17.3 on Minix U9. If mediacodec is selected as the decoder, selecting "stretch to 16:9" does nothing. However, if software decoding is chosen, video can be stretched. This seems to be related to mediacodec because I don't observe this issue on Windows version of Kodi 17.3.
Yes. -> trac.kodi.tv including a Debug Log. Make sure if it's already fixed in v18 before.
Had the same issue and i think the reason i fix my problem in my Alfawise h96 pro plus android box was because it came with ftmc app (kodi fork). I change the configuration in Ftmc app to 16:9 stretch and then when i went back and open the official kodi and tried to play some video file, it was stretched! This is the only reason i can think off why the video was stretch suddenly.

Hope this help for you too.
(2017-08-12, 03:08)papachanjo Wrote: [ -> ]I am running Kodi 17.3 on Minix U9. If mediacodec is selected as the decoder, selecting "stretch to 16:9" does nothing. However, if software decoding is chosen, video can be stretched. This seems to be related to mediacodec because I don't observe this issue on Windows version of Kodi 17.3.
 I use Kodi 18 nightlies and stretch 16:9 non-linear works for me on my Rockchip devices with MediaCodec enabled.
So it must be the Android firmware on your device not supporting Mediacodec properly, broken Amlogic firmware, only supporting AMLCodec used in FTMC.
For me its just happened recently even with different firmwares that i know it worked before. Only by mistakes changing the settings on Ftmc helped.