Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Sheild and Visualizations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, just purchased a Shield and having a good time with it.

However, very limited on the available visualizations. I REALLY love Mild Drop2. Use it on my main pc all of the time when playing my music (it's like doing mushrooms!!).

Anyway, it's not there!

I know where and how to change a visualization, but there's no "Get More" option.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.
Look in add-ons.
(2017-08-13, 04:37)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Look in add-ons.

Thanks, but I did do that. There are only 2 there. On my main PC right now, so don't remember their names, but one is just a bar graph of the sounds sort of like a graphic equalizer and the other is the same but I think it spins around.

Add to that, there's no "Get More" option.

Still searching folks.....

Thanks.

I'm assuming that the Nvidia Shield has more than enough horsepower to execute MildDrop2??
Android does have a more limited set of Visualisations as some as platform specific, for example Milkdrop is Windows only.
Thanks JJD, appreciate the response.

If I understand the process, the visualizations are platform dependent because of processing and graphics capability.

The Nvidia Sheild is called (by some), a "platform killer", as it's a pretty powerful pc in a small foot print, and can play some pretty power consuming games, so the psychedelic undulations of MildDrop 2 "shouldn't" be so taxing that it couldn't handle them.

I guess it will just take time for enough Shield users to request it.

Or, I do see that there are some similar options, for a fee on the play store. Sadly, although I sincerely have the utmost respect for the devs, charging fees for stuff like this is a slap in the face of true "Open Source"!

Would that I could code! I'd take the source and cross compile it for the Shield processor!

Thanks again!