Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Debian 9 - new to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to Kodi and have a few quick questions:
  1. Is it possible to use more than 1 information provider for 1 video source? (I have a mix of anime and tv series)
  2. If I can't use more than 1 information provider, what can I do?
  3. How can I ensure that my videos are scraped properly? (name folder 'Series' 'Year'?)
I have my media set up like this:

VIDEO
+- Anime
+- Films
+- TV

VIDEO is my main source. The 3 subdirectories have different "Set Content" types set for them with individual scrapers chosen for their specific uses. Scraping them into the library has been working smoothly for as far back as I can remember.

As for naming conventions, have a good long read of the wiki. Following the examples there will give you the best results. Note that really eclectic TV shows or movies may not be found -- in that case, add them yourself to the site for the relevant scraper, wait a bit, and then re-scrape.
Thanks runningnaked, that helps a lot!

Do you mean you really only have 3 sources (the subdirectories)? I don't see the point of having the main VIDEO folder as a source?
Yes tbh when I set everything up originally, I didn't take the time reading the wiki (or it wasn't as detailed as it is today), so I kind of did things haphazardly. I had set the main VIDEO folder as the sole source because I only wanted 1 share from whatever machine was serving files back then. I scrape any new media individually, so my movie naming isn't standard but I don't mind manually selecting the correct movie if necessary.

I do have some other subfolders for sporting events, stand-up comedy specials, etc., which I don't need to (or want to) scrape. Those 3 have served me well enough for the vast majority of media though.