Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to access mythtv from kodi 17.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been running Kodi successfully on a Raspberry Pi at version 16. I built a new image, which is Kodi 17.3. I want to link Kodi to my existing MythTV installation on another computer. The Instructions on the Wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR) talk about Settings -> Add-ons -> Disabled Add-ons -> PVR. However, there is no "Disabled Add-ons" entry in 17.3.

How do I link in the PVR code?

System Info panel
-- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Operating System: OpenElec (official) - Version: 8.0.4
Build: Kodi 17.3 git:c1d9c5c
Compiled Jun 2 2017

Note that "PVR service" is greyed out in the System Info panel.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Once you install and enable the mythtv pvr addon in kodi you have to configure the addon with the info for your mythtv backend.
(why oh why openelec, it is dead, upgrade to libreelec, but the answer to your question is the same in either)

You need to install the mythtv pvr client from the openelec (or libreelec if you take my advice) repository.
(2017-08-15, 21:23)lviperz Wrote: [ -> ]Once you install and enable the mythtv pvr addon in kodi

How? The Wiki says that it is already installed (but disabled). This appears not to be true in 17.3.
On openelec you must install it from repo
I am unable to find this addon as well.
I have looked at the GitHub site for pvr.mythtv, and it is not clear to me that a version for Kodi 17 for OpenElec even exists. The last post for the "news" page on the pvr.mythtv GitHub site is dated 2016-04-09 and talks about Kodi 16 Jarvis. The main (code) page does talk about Krypton, and building the whole thing (XBMC and the PVR) for Linux.

I am familiar with apt and apt-get, but "you must install it from repo" does not give me enough information. What repo? Where? This information must be somewhere, but my "search foo" is not finding the right place.
Installing from repo usually is installing from a Kodi repository, and the information seems to indicate that it's in the base Kodi repo as opposed to one we have to download, but I don't see it on any of my machines running Kodi 15, 16, or 17 on standard Ubuntu installs.
I found this page, seemed to help. On install I used
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv-krypton

http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/
OpenELEC has no sudo and no apt-get. So, this does not appear to be a path that can be followed for OpenELEC (although it probably works well for Ubuntu installations).
The error message for apt-get gives a "tip": use XBMC's addon browser to enhance your OpenELEC system.

I used the addon browser to explore. It has many categories, but none of them appear to have anything to do with PVRs. There are many language packs (so that you can have Kodi in the language of your choice), and a few other possibilities, but nothing that looks or feels like a PVR.

Either Kodi 17 on OpenELEC is distributed without any PVR addons, or they are hidden away in some other place.
On Libreelec the repository is called "LibreELEC Addons". It contains all the PVR clients and more.

I haven't had openelec installed since it went tits up and was replaced by LibreELEC. But when I did the pvr.mythtv addon was in the Openelec repository.

To previous posters, the apt-get are for ubuntu based distros, but not for open/libreELEC. In any event the package to install is kodi-pvr-mythtv not kodi-pvr-mythtv-krypton.

Is everyone clear now?
On Android it's very confusing to find as well. Not a fan of the new interface.

Main Screen

Add-On's

My Add-ons

PVR-Clients

MythTV PVR Client

Enable

Configure

General - IP address (double check to be sure the IP address saves)

Go back out to the main screen

Go to TV and mythtv should load.
Well use whatever skin you like.
Hi
In my kodi (last version) the addon not functionning
i can see anny buton to find chanel or other

can you hellp me

regards