Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Red Overlay on TV with Libreelec if i change to Render Method Basic Shader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Since i upgraded to Liebreelec 8.xx i found out the Perfomance was better if i choose the Render Method Basic Shader ( ARB ) on my Intel NUC5PPYH but i have a Red Overlay on the TV Screen.

I opened a thread in the Libreelec Forum too and the Developer Millhouse confirm that he has this same Overlay in Leia on his Intel Nuc.

I also opened a Ticket in the Kodi Trac site.

Maybe there is a Workarround before that fixed or not Wink
Any Kodi Developer here that can give me answer please?

What i found out is if i disable VAAPI Hardware Acceleration and switch to Basic Shader the Picture is ok.
Most likely the YUV2RGB is inverted for this Shader. What do you mean with "performance"? how do you measure that?
(2017-08-18, 23:43)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Most likely the YUV2RGB is inverted for this Shader. What do you mean with "performance"? how do you measure that?

I mean if i Play 3840 × 2160/ 30 HZ the Video Stutters. The same stutter i have on 2K / 60 HZ Videos too. But if i change from Render Method Auto to Basic Shader the Videos play´s smooth but with the Red Overlay.

Is there a way to use this Shader without that Overlay?

thx for the replay and best regards Smile
No - the shader needs fixing from what I see.

Edit: Can reproduce. Will fix - though give me some time ... not much spare at the moment.
(2017-08-19, 08:53)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No - the shader needs fixing from what I see.

Edit: Can reproduce. Will fix - though give me some time ... not much spare at the moment.

thx fritsch that would be delighted me Smile
@fritsch

is that possible that thisFix make it into Krypton 17.x or musti wait for Leia?

Thx again and best regards Smile
No ... I won't have time looking into it prior the upcoming weekend. I hope to get at least one hour for that. If you have the time, feel free to fix the shader - We will all be happy.
(2017-08-21, 21:05)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No ... I won't have time looking into it prior the upcoming weekend. I hope to get at least one hour for that. If you have the time, feel free to fix the shader - We will all be happy.

I´m not a programmer sorry otherwise i would look into it Wink

And i won't to ruin your weekend too. i Think my fault was that i thought that was a Libreelec Problem not a Kodi problem otherwise i would posted it earlier here.

Anyway thx again for looking into it Smile
For completeness, please go to trac.kodi.tv and file the bug there, please.
(2017-08-22, 06:48)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]For completeness, please go to trac.kodi.tv and file the bug there, please.

I do open a ticket but i don´t know if the do this right.

Hiere is the Link
I don't intend to "fix" this at all. I did not implement required shader format for ARB because ARB is going to be dropped. If you have issues with GLSL, report those instead.
(2017-08-22, 18:26)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]I don't intend to "fix" this at all. I did not implement required shader format for ARB because ARB is going to be dropped. If you have issues with GLSL, report those instead.

OK i´m confused. Fritsch wrote he would fix it in his free time. You wrote it will be dropped. Undecided

Why would it dropped because of problems or what?

thats pity because i do have better performance ( smoother Videos ) with these.Sad
Fernet is the head of Videoplayer development. If he wants to drop something then there is a reason. ARB is the past - GLSL is the future. So yes, if we can fix your performance issue while you can keep using GLSL this would be the better approach as we don't need to maintain both.

Could you please play a video with GLSL shaders and post a log with it? Does it make a difference if you disable / enable Dithering in that combination? Do you see skips with PlayerDebug (kodi-send -a PlayerDebug)? Skips / Drops with GLSL? No drops with ARB?
(2017-08-22, 20:42)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Fernet is the head of Videoplayer development. If he wants to drop something then there is a reason. ARB is the past - GLSL is the future. So yes, if we can fix your performance issue while you can keep using GLSL this would be the better approach as we don't need to maintain both.

Could you please play a video with GLSL shaders and post a log with it? Does it make a difference if you disable / enable Dithering in that combination? Do you see skips with PlayerDebug (kodi-send -a PlayerDebug)? Skips / Drops with GLSL? No drops with ARB?

Hmm if you say so i give a try but i wait for Libreelec 8.2 Final and begin the test.
Pages: 1 2