Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Remove poster underlay from list section of Fanart view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after some upgrades/changes. Fanart view is now snappy enough to use when browsing my movies. There is one change I'd like to make and that is to have the list section have no underlay. Currently the movie poster is displayed there, personally I find it a little distracting to have the background in that section constantly changing since that is where my focus is when scrolling through the list plus sometimes the titles can be a little hard to read.
Any changes I can make to the home.xml (or another xml file) to do away with this.
Not sure I get what you want to have, but I would take a look at

https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/b...0_List.xml

If it's about the 'List'-view. Each 'view' has its own xml-file. If you can't figure it out, show me a screenshot what you want to change.
Hi DaVu, thank you for the reply, see the two screenshots below. You can see in the first one that the poster art is laid under the list, making it a little difficult to read compared to the 2nd screen shot with no poster art.
In this example I used the Seasons view for TV shows, the simple fix there is just to delete the poster art for each season, but you can't do that for TV show or Movie view since the posters are displayed as part of the widgets on the home page, well you can but then it replaces portrait posters with landscape fan art and it looks wrong.

Also has a side note, does anyone know why the Fan Art view isn't available to be displayed for Episodes, TV Shows, Seasons and Movies all allow it but with Episodes I only get the choice of Wide List, Wall and Info Wall.
Isn't disabling fanart in the skin settings what you are searching for?
No that underlays a complete screen image of fan art (the landscape picture in the example above, not the portrait poster) over the entire screen and it is independent of the view.. FWIW I do have fanart background disabled, since I like it when there is any text on the screen (list of media, plot, etc) to be against a plan background.