Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Widgets are always just a path. A single item is not a content source.
Hmm. Does that mean I cannot have a link to a specific addon in the HUB as long this addon is not a "folder" (with sub-entries) itself? And therefore I cannot link to any Android-App (or a self-created addon that links to an Android App)?
A widget just shows the content of a path. 

Example:
videodb://movies/titles = All available movies

A single item is no content, it's a shortcut with a unique onclick action.
Understood. But I was not talking about the "widgets". I was trying to implement a link in the HUB. So it seems like the HUB can also only link to folders (or "content") as you say, correct?
Hello first off all I'm very happy with this cas skin, but I do miss 1 thing and that's the music video section or am I wrong?
(2017-11-11, 20:07)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Understood. But I was not talking about the "widgets". I was trying to implement a link in the HUB. So it seems like the HUB can also only link to folders (or "content") as you say, correct?

Yep.

But please check the repo, I have pushed a new version some minutes ago. Placing a shortcut to a script should work now. Please let me know if there is any issue left.
(2017-11-11, 20:28)AlwinHummels Wrote: [ -> ]Hello first off all I'm very happy with this cas skin, but I do miss 1 thing and that's the music video section or am I wrong?

Since music videos are handled by the video section, it should work. But yes, there is no direct link to it.
OK thanks I'll try that.
(2017-11-11, 21:00)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-11, 20:07)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Understood. But I was not talking about the "widgets". I was trying to implement a link in the HUB. So it seems like the HUB can also only link to folders (or "content") as you say, correct?

Yep.

But please check the repo, I have pushed a new version some minutes ago. Placing a shortcut to a script should work now. Please let me know if there is any issue left.

Ah, it works!!! Perfect. I mean, I still was not able to select Android Apps from the list. It just shows Video Addons, Music Addons and Picture Addons. And also the Favorites have not changed (meaning I still was not able to pick an item from the Favorite list but only Favorites as a folder), However, at least I was able to select my self-made Video Addon now which starts the respective Android App. Thats ok for me. However, if I could pick the Android App directly or chose items from the Favorites list it would be much more comfortable.
(2017-11-11, 23:41)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, it works!!! Perfect. I mean, I still was not able to select Android Apps from the list. It just shows Video Addons, Music Addons and Picture Addons. And also the Favorites have not changed (meaning I still was not able to pick an item from the Favorite list but only Favorites as a folder), However, at least I was able to select my self-made Video Addon now which starts the respective Android App. Thats ok for me. However, if I could pick the Android App directly or chose items from the Favorites list it would be much more comfortable. 

Sometimes I wish I had a Android device here for testings.

Could you please add an additional line to the file overrides.xml and see if it works? See: https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary...add364329a

And if it works and you are able to select an existing android app, please let me know what exactly is written to the path value in the skin settings.
sualfred,

If you are watching a movie and hit "i" on the upper left corner under movie title it shows a countdown.
@Edworld
Thanks, fixed.

@fantasticn
I've pushed a new verison, so you don't have to add the line manually. Since I don't have a Android device right here -> please report if it's working.
(2017-11-11, 23:52)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-11, 23:41)fantasticn Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, it works!!! Perfect. I mean, I still was not able to select Android Apps from the list. It just shows Video Addons, Music Addons and Picture Addons. And also the Favorites have not changed (meaning I still was not able to pick an item from the Favorite list but only Favorites as a folder), However, at least I was able to select my self-made Video Addon now which starts the respective Android App. Thats ok for me. However, if I could pick the Android App directly or chose items from the Favorites list it would be much more comfortable. 

Sometimes I wish I had a Android device here for testings.
Don't you own a Fire TV?
(2017-11-12, 10:47)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you own a Fire TV? 

Nope, I bought one for my parents. The fTV restrictions (refresh rate changing for example) and the performance issues always stopped me for buying one for myself. I have a Odroid C2 in my sleeping room, but I've flashed LE to it and don't want to switch the OS. And the main HTPC is still a NUC running Windows.
For testings I purchased a used WeTek Play 2 a few weeks ago, but it was DOA.
(2017-11-12, 08:00)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@Edworld
Thanks, fixed.

@fantasticn
I've pushed a new verison, so you don't have to add the line manually. Since I don't have a Android device right here -> please report if it's working.
@sualfred,

sorry for not coming back to you early. But I haven't had the time to try out anything since my last post. 

Thank you very much for the new update. Now "Favorites" is also listed as a folder with the option to pick each entry individually. This way you can also select Android Apps, when you first include them in the Favorites list. However, Android Apps are also directly listed in the HUB, but only as a single entry. So you still cannot pick individual Android Apps this way.

Edit: I am running three NVidia Shield TV boxes and one ATV stick. The shield boxes are amazing. They are quick, stylish and offer easy usability. Also you can use them as a game console (which is not possible with OE or LE-Systems). The ATV stick is a bit slow. It only offers 1080p support (no UHD/4k), but can already decode HEVC. The new ATV box must be much faster and since Google itself unfortunately does not offer any media player (and all other boxes are crap and only based on modded versions of stock android) I would always chose between the NVidia Shield TV and the new ATV box.