Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-03-11, 23:20)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@djneil 

Are you running LibreElec?
I faced a similar issue on my NUC6i3SYH while I switched to LE for a few days. I haven't found out why the home screen - and the complete GUI - isn't as smooth like on Windows. In Windows I have stable 60fps. I'm just guessing, but I think it's caused by the current Linux Intel GPU drivers of LE8.  You can give the Leia nightlies a try. They include a newer version of the drivers and a WIP version of Embuary is available on GitHub.
I have same issue in LibreELEC 9.0 (Milhouse nightly builds) with my Estuary MOD on my Intel NUC7i7BNH. There is no over-consumption of CPU or RAM but it's not smooth, ok on OSX.
Good to hear that I'm not the only one. It was the right decision to switch back to Windows. Hopefully it get's fixed somewhere in the future.
Yes indeed I am using libreelec.
I just fired up windows on the NUC and it was smooth.

Yeah I guess I'll install in to a SD card and give it a try. I will report back when I tried it. Thank you Smile
My NUC only has a SDD. No need to waste your time Smile
I know it's off topic but what other advantages are there using windows over libreelec?
Not easy to answer because it depends on your personal use case.
It takes a little bit more time to be configurated if you want Kodi as replacement shell and if you are using Hyperion etc. But on the other hand you have a better control of everything if you use Eventghost or the driver managment.

But this is something which has to be discussed in other threads. Just head over to the other threads in this board or play with the board search function.
(2018-03-11, 00:35)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]-> Episode view: I had it in this way before and changed it to this way because of several reasons. One big reason is what the human eye is focusing while scrolling. My complete family and I don't look at the list, we are looking at the top. Using a static poster image looks good, but it felt wrong as hell. And it's also displayed in this way in Emby. 
 How about completely removing the episode thumb/poster image at the top left? This would give you more room for text and (possibly) make things look a lot cleaner.
Just a thought.
Nope. Won't solve the "eye jumping". Scrolling -> Focus of your eye is on the bottom list -> Stop scrolling -> Eye focus moves to the top. Not a good UI decision. And as I said, it's displayed in Emby in this way. And my skin tries to imitate it as much as possible. 

I keep as it is. I stopped trying to please everyone or add hundreds of customization options just for a few users. It kills the fun of skinning and makes it hard to maintain. Sorry Smile
Nothing to be sorry about Smile It's completely understandable.
I'm using a custom, static background in Embuary.
When viewing info on cast members (I believe this loads the "Extendedinfo script"?), could you make it so the background we've specified in the skin settings is shown instead of the fanart that's currently being shown?
Hopefully this makes sense.
*clonk*
That was the sound of my head when it hits the table ^^

It's very good example of personal opinions and trying to please everyone Smile
A few days I ago I was asked to change this option to only show the static image if no listitem fanart is available. 

Any reason why it should be changed?
Hope it didn't hurt too much.  Angel
I'll send another donation your way soon so you can buy a bandaid or two =Þ

Well...I guess I'm just a sucker for aesthetics. I don't like clutter, and I like things to be as clean as possible. I'm sure you've gathered that much already. Wink
If I've set a "static" background in the skin settings, I'd expect this to be a global setting I'd see throughout the skin. I don't know a thing about skinning and theming, but would it be possible to make it so the "Extendedinfo script" inherits the background settings you've set in the skin settings?
If you haven't set a custom background, show random fanart (for lack of a better word, I know it's not that "random"). But if you've set a custom/static background like I have...well, would it be possible to show that instead?
Perhaps this is me nitpicking, I tend to do that, but maybe, just maybe I have a good idea once in a while.

Just figured I'd ask. If it's a no, it's a no. Smile
To understand you correctly: In your point of view you think a static set image should be used no matter if you are in dialogs or the home/hub or library view?
Yes Smile
Sigh... ok. I'll add another toggle button to use it globally or only in non-library views.