Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not able to reproduce it. Anyway, I'm going to disable such info screens for plugin based content in the next update.
let me know  if you has doing it
Already changed on GitHub. I'm just collecting some more changes before I push the update to the repo.
now i see, you change the name of folder embuary to embuary-leia
and the widgets just showing the plot of movie.

so i have a question and this is already in my mind 2 months ago, so i wanna ask
are this embuary skin will have GUI sounds?
GUI sounds are excluded since Krypton. Just download them from my repo and configure it in the Kodi audio settings.
Hi. I have a question. Currently I'm using your skin on my Shield TV. But I guess since the emby server for Android is new and under my Shield, it always shuts down. So, not reliable. So, I dropped using the server and I'm using only Kodi to manage my database. But I'm still using embuary skin since I love it. My only problem I see is that when under more information regarding a movie, the "More like this widget" does not populate. It populates only the first time I go to a movie info, But then every movie I go after, it displays the same info widget, same movie posters. The widget never refreshes with new similiar item under current movie info. Is there a way to force a refresh of that widget "More like this" if using local database instead of embycon? Thanks.
Just want to chime in and say that I'm experiencing the same as robjbw.
The "More like this" widget shown on info screens always show the same exact same movies, in the same order, and it never changes.
I'll get suggestions like "Braveheart", "Das Boot" and so on even with movies like "Ice Age" or "How to Train Your Dragon".
@robjbw @Krismyklebust 

For me it changes on every movie

The widget uses the IMDB number to get results based on the currently movie of the info dialog:
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.widgets/?action=similar&mediatype=movies&imdbid=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]

Please check if your database items have this info label.
Hi @sualfred, can you tell me where exactly I look for that info? Where do I find it? Thanks.
You can use a SQL viewer to check your video database

A free and lightweight tool is http://sqlitebrowser.org

Just open the MyVideoXX.db of your Kodi installation/profile and check the "uniqueid" table. The "ttXXXXXXX" values are the IMDB numbers.

----
Edit:

Or download this file (Custom_1146_Overlay_Debug.xml - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sualfr..._Debug.xml) and replace it in your embuary skin folder.
After that reload the skin and enable the debug overlay from the sidebar. Then go to your movie database and walk through it. In the bottom left area you will have a field called "imdb" next to "dbid". This field should contain the IMDBnumber value.

I just did that, every movie does have it's own unique imdb number. Usually after first Kodi restart, the "More like this" widget will refresh with similar movies, but then every movie I go into after the first time, the widget does not refresh. Shows same items as before.
The "Cast" widget always works. Just the "More like this does not".
Review of Embuary:

The skin is mainly targeted to Emby users (like me), who likes the simplicity of the WebGUI interface of Emby. I have Embuary setup kodi on android Nvidia Shield TV.
Embuary is among the @Karellen- Link removed out there.
Please provide a clean debug log from a fresh Kodi startup and open a few movie info dialogs. I have to check if there is an error of the plugin.
Here is the log: Log