Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1) No. That would require some more skin hacky things. The PVR part is completely made around the Kodi internal PVR system. 
2) No. It looks discuting as hell with my "only color the current airing show" approach. It's also not good readable with Embuaries font size/color scheme.
3) That would require manually added checks for all of the hundreds of available custom lists everywhere. 
4) Emby for Kodi and EmbyCon only support up to 10. Sorry.
Quote:# Make the recording library links and recording widgets configurable. I'd like to use Emby's recording channel.
"sualfred" 1) No. That would require some more skin hacky things. The PVR part is completely made around the Kodi internal PVR system.
What hacks? It's just the ability to change something like <onclick>ActivateWindow(tvrecordings)</onclick> with a skin variable.

Quote:# Add an option for genre colored tv guide by Kodi's standard definition or by user definded images like in Titan.
"sualfred" 2) No. It looks discuting as hell with my "only color the current airing show" approach. It's also not good readable with Embuaries font size/color scheme.
It just depends on the colors that are used and their saturation. That's why i prefer Titan's approach where i can set my own colors independent of Kodi's DVBV EIT genre definition.

Quote:# Use fanart also for widgets and show fanart only from highlighted/active library node.
"sualfred" 3) That would require manually added checks for all of the hundreds of available custom lists everywhere.
Okay this one is more difficult, at least for the library nodes fanart. But it's doable, see Titan again. For the widgets it's super easy!

Quote:# Advance available library nodes to twenty. I have 11 already, so two are missing already in your menu editor.
"sualfred" 4) Emby for Kodi and EmbyCon only support up to 10. Sorry.
What? Your current implementation only supports up 10. This is not a limitation of the addons. I've already increased myself the number in your skin to 15.

But that's what i mean. You either don't like it or you don't want to make the work. That's why i asked for pull requests.
Quote:What hacks? It's just the ability to change something like <onclick>ActivateWindow(tvrecordings)</onclick> with a skin variable.

Yeah, and to make it integrated in the same way like the internal recordings is hacky. It's not a single button here and there. I stopped integrating such strange this for a rare user scenario. If you use Emby for the DVR -> Use a custom media node on the home screen or a widget.
Or use TVHeadend. It works for Emby and Kodi. That's the way I do it.

Quote:It just depends on the colors that are used and their saturation. That's why i prefer Titan's approach where i can set my own colors independent of Kodi's DVBV EIT genre definition.

This is not Aeon MQ or Titan. Maintaining such overblown things is a pain.

Quote:Okay this one is more difficult, at least for the library nodes fanart. But it's doable, see Titan again. For the widgets it's super easy!

It's super easy with hundreds - and I mean hundreds - of available custom lists in hubs, home, library and customs windows and dialogs. So no. The correct approch would be to get the current focused ID and fill a window property with it. But that would require another addon.

Quote:What? Your current implementation only supports up 10. This is not a limitation of the addons. I've already increased myself the number in your skin to 15.

Ok, it seems you are right. At least for Emby 4 Kodi. I've checked the source code and there is no limitation. I'll check if the same applies to EmbyCon and will extend it as soon as I find some time.
(2018-06-13, 11:51)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What hacks? It's just the ability to change something like <onclick>ActivateWindow(tvrecordings)</onclick> with a skin variable.
Yeah, and to make it integrated in the same way like the internal recordings is hacky. It's not a single button here and there. I stopped integrating such strange this for a rare user scenario. If you use Emby for the DVR -> Use a custom media node on the home screen or a widget.
Or use TVHeadend. It works for Emby and Kodi. That's the way I do it.  
I don't use Emby DVR, i use MediaPortal. I want to link to Emby's recording channel that you get with live tv plugins, not to Emby's own recording library!
The presentation of recordings via Kodi addon is really bad/boring. But with the recording channel (btw. i'm the developer of the MediaPortal plugin for Emby) i get nice categories and real movie and tv show posters.
Also this skin is mainly aimed at Emby users, so i also want to get all the benefits of the Emby ecosystem. That means i want to keep the recording playstates across all devices. That's not possible with the Kodi live tv addons.

Quote:It just depends on the colors that are used and their saturation. That's why i prefer Titan's approach where i can set my own colors independent of Kodi's DVBV EIT genre definition.
This is not Aeon MQ or Titan. Maintaining such overblown things is a pain.  
I will do it anyway for my own. The MyPVRGuide.xml shouldn't change that often, so i can just copy over my modified file after a skin update. Nevertheless i will make a pull request, so you can see there's not much to maintain.

Quote:What? Your current implementation only supports up 10. This is not a limitation of the addons. I've already increased myself the number in your skin to 15.
Ok, it seems you are right. At least for Emby 4 Kodi. I've checked the source code and there is no limitation. I'll check if the same applies to EmbyCon and will extend it as soon as I find some time.  
Great! Thank you!!!
@"pünktchen" 

I only have 3 library types on my test system, so please give this commit a shot and confirm that all nodes are working as expected.
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary...4075f3dba4

(you mostly have to reset your main menu configuration)
@sualfred, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the "Aura" skin, but jurialmunkey has added a really nifty feature I was wondering if you'd consider incorporating in Embuary.
At the end of a widget he's added another entry called "See more...".

Clicking on this will take you to a new view/node where you can see all the movies or TV shows if there's more than what you've configured your widget to display.
This would be really useful for (bigger) smart playlists and I think it'd feel right at home in the genres view too.
(2018-06-13, 13:22)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@"pünktchen" 

I only have 3 library types on my test system, so please give this commit a shot and confirm that all nodes are working as expected.
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary...4075f3dba4

(you mostly have to reset your main menu configuration)
All twenty library nodes from Emby for Kodi and EmbyCon working as expected.
Really great job!!! Thank you.
@"pünktchen" 
Thanks. I'll push it to the repo soon.

@Krismyklebust 
That will only work on Leia, but def. something that could fit very well. But I don't want to focus on Leia atm. I'll put it on my "maybe" list.
Hi. I doubt this is an issue with the Embuary skin itself, but since the users of this skin presumably use both Emby and Kodi, I thought I'd ask here first to see if anyone has run into this or knows the right place to discuss/report it.

I'm having a subtitle issue. First, let me say that I'm using the Emby for Kodi plugin (not the Embycon plugin), and Embuary with Kodi 17.6 (running on an Nvidia Shield TV in case that matters). Emby Server is version 3.4.1.0 (Windows) and the two possibly applicable plugins running there are Kodi Companion version 2.0.3.0 and OpenSubtitles version 1.0.2.0. I think all the products/plugins and versions I just mentioned are the latest. When I play videos from my Emby library in Kodi, I use Native playback mode (direct paths). In both Emby and Kodi I have subtitles set to save in the same location as the video. I only download/need English subtitles. I have Emby configured to automatically download missing subtitles.

The issue is that when Emby downloads subtitles, it names them with *.eng.srt, but when Kodi does it names them with *.en.srt. This becomes a problem if, for example, I'm watching in Kodi and I notice that the subtitles are not synced with the video and I use the subtitle download facility in Kodi to go search OpenSubtitles for a more appropriate subtitle file. If I find one that matches, I happily watch in Kodi, but then I have two subtitle files on the file system, one ending in .eng.srt (that Emby downloaded) and one ending in .en.srt that Kodi downloaded. If one of my Emby users watches, they get the original .eng.srt version that is out of sync, not the .en.srt version I downloaded while in Kodi.

Hasn't anyone else run into this? Is there a way to get Kodi to also use .eng.srt like Emby does? Thanks for any help. As I said in the first paragraph, if this question doesn't belong in this forum, just let me know where to ask. Thanks.
That's something you should report to Luke directly in the Emby board (Kodi section).
(2018-06-14, 07:29)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]That's something you should report to Luke directly in the Emby board (Kodi section).
Thanks, I just did. I appreciate your work on Embuary! I've been using it for a few weeks and love how it automatically creates a layout in Kodi that represents each library I have in Emby.
In case anyone searches for this in the future, and wants to find the matching topic in the Emby community forums, it is https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...headaches/
@sualfred  just an FYI....I'm running the latest Milhouse LE builds and moved to Embuary from Titan since Titan continually crashes in Leia builds. I've noticed that in the latest Milhouse LE builds while using Embuary, if I scroll quickly though movies/tv shows, Kodi crashes because of the GetCast plugin. I don't know if there's a skinning workaround for this or something that would need to be fixed in the addon.
Like I said though, just an FYI so you're aware.
Please provide a log. A normal one is enough.

And be sure you are running v0.6 of the plugin. The last time I've tried Leia I had no problems in all scenarios (4 days ago).
(2018-06-16, 21:19)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Please provide a log. A normal one is enough.

And be sure you are running v0.6 of the plugin. The last time I've tried Leia I had no problems in all scenarios (4 days ago).
 Yes, I have the latest version (0.6) of the plugin. It looks like it was just a single LE version that was causing the issue, I updated to the 0616 version and all is good.
Is there a way to edit this section between the two checkmarks? Image