Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like it, hopefully, more and more Developers will add a Feature like this.

The posts from @mgonzales confirms that it works ;-)
Yes and nobody will use that skin
(2017-10-27, 15:00)smitkids Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and nobody will use that skin

You registered just to proove that u r using banned addons? Congratulations *applause*
(2017-10-27, 15:05)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 15:00)smitkids Wrote: [ -> ]Yes and nobody will use that skin

You registered just to proove that u r using banned addons? Congratulations *applause*

i won't use your skin for the fact that it installs a piece of malware that looks and behaves like spyware.
Who makes the decision as to what should be in the blacklist? It was mentioned already in another thread that this is treating legal addons as illegal. 
The idea of a skin having this sort of impact on the overall application I think is wrong regardless of how good your intentions are.
Malware: Software which is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain authorized access to a computer system.
Spyware: Software that collects information about how someone uses the internet, or personal information such as passwords, without the user knowing about it.

Think before you write.

And the caretaker addon is created by the German Kodinerds community, not by myself.
(2017-10-27, 17:47)stacka Wrote: [ -> ]It was mentioned already in another thread that this is treating legal addons as illegal. 

If there are false positives, I am pretty sure there are a few, pls report them and they get removed (as I am the maintainer ? lol).
There are a huge number of those crap.repo and spyware.wizards around that it is really difficult to get everything right.

The current ban rule is pretty simple, If the repo contains a single bullshit.addon or ddos.repo it get banned - regardless if there are few "good" one in there too. 

Yes this is much more strict then the Kodi rules, it includes false positives (its easily fixable see ^ ) and every ultra-free-stream.addon user would be angry but why should skin devs support or tolerate this kind of stuff?

Ofc some Spyware.Wizard YT videos are now useless but hey why should anyone care about them.
It's really entertaining here.

@All People who ask "Who decides whitch repo is on the blacklist?"

Have you ever asked yourself "Who decides whats in the Skin?"
Answer is simple, only the Developer himself - The only thing you can determine is: Use the Skin or not.
(2017-10-27, 17:54)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Malware: Software which is specifically designed to disrupt, damage, or gain authorized access to a computer system.
Spyware: Software that collects information about how someone uses the internet, or personal information such as passwords, without the user knowing about it.

Think before you write.

And the caretaker addon is created by the German Kodinerds community, not by myself. The blacklist is maintained by them and LibreElec.

Please don't confuse yourself, caretaker is malware... I understand and sympathize with your position, however you can not let piracy get the better of you.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322918

BTW the "banned" repo list is deeply flawed and even goes so far as to include Kodi team member repositories that contain no illegal plugins.
Caretaker just sends a notify message that a blacklisted repo is installed, nothing else. And even this can be adjusted in the caretaker config. So it's no malware, period. Enough paranoia for today.
Why is my repository blacklisted in this add-on? All my add-ons are legal. Please either offer me an explanation as to why you're censoring my add-ons or remove my add-on from the list.

My add-ons are all UK catch up and live TV from legal and official sources. My repository name is the same my username here.

Thank you.
(2017-10-27, 22:30)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is my repository blacklisted in this add-on? All my add-ons are legal. Please either offer me an explanation as to why you're censoring my add-ons or remove my add-on from the list.

My add-ons are all UK catch up and live TV from legal and official sources. My repository name is the same my username here.

Thank you.

Please get in contact with @Namerp
(2017-10-27, 22:37)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-27, 22:30)RayW1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is my repository blacklisted in this add-on? All my add-ons are legal. Please either offer me an explanation as to why you're censoring my add-ons or remove my add-on from the list.

Thank you.

Please get in contact with @Namerp

Thank You, I have PM'ed him/her.
Is anyone having issues with TV show next aired guide? It's not showing no information. It worked yesterday. I'm using the version from the kodi repository.
I understand @sualfred position here , but this is just a bad move imo and too much short sited. I am afraid you're letting your skin depends on addon which is controlled by one developer, and can turn out real messy if the dev decides to blacklist something he doesn't like. I am not telling this will be case, I hope not, but putting a dependency like that in your skin might have the exact opposite effect than you wanted it to be.
But again, your work, your choice, but I am considering this spyware so I had to uninstall it sadly.