Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MrMC is based on the GUI engine of Kodi 16 and this skin is using newer features. And the limited Python addon functionality is the next dealbreaker.
Ok so after a lot of messing around etc i finally found how to make music go to fullscreen on playback

you need to add an xml in the skin folder named 

Custom_FullscreenMusic.xml

and inside it needs to say

<window type="dialog" id="3001">
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <onload condition="!Window.IsActive(visualisation)">FullScreen</onload>
    <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>
    <controls></controls>
</window>
I know that this is possible, I use a few of those hacks. But some guys won't like it because it could change the wanted behaviour of other scenarios. 
I'll add is as optional setting for you. Otherwise this file is going to be deleted on a skin update.
thank you
@sualfred 

1. Any plans to give the plot overlay screen some more love (movie/tv show information -> the little notepad thingy that opens up the plot summary... "DialogTextViewer"?).
A bigger and bold font for the title would look good in my opinion, and maybe the screen width and height could be utilized a bit better?
Movies and episodes with lots of text could definitely benefit from this, I think.

2. Not sure if this is just me, but in the movies hub I feel the text string "Movies" above the menu buttons is a bit redundant since it already says "Movies" in the top menu.
Same goes for the TV show hub and the "next aired" screen. Have you considered if it would look better with no text there?

3. If you navigate into the episode overview of a TV show and try to switch view modes, there's a small bug.
The first time you hit that button there's a quick flash of options before it kicks you back down to episode. If you navigate back up to the view mode button and press it, it works as it should.
Not a big deal at all, but thought it could be worth mentioning.

4. I would absolutely love if there could be an option to hide the "next up" section in the TV show information screen. I like having it when browsing into a TV show in the library, but not a huge fan of having it show in the TV show info screen.
(2018-08-26, 16:07)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Final means I have to find a new spare time project. I don't like finals. So never expect a "final" version.
If you are bored in your spare time, what about a Emby Theater theme for your skin? Nod
1 -> Different font is not possible because of the technical limitations. I cannot change the font size inside of a single control. And I have to use it in this way to center the text in the middle. It's also the common text information layout of Emby. There is no need for another "fancy" dialog on top of another one with more information.
2 -> That's by design. The menu bar title represents the node path like a breadcrumb. Everywhere in the skin. And each home/hub element has its own title defintion.
3 -> Noticed it aswell and suddently found the issue. Race condition bug of the Kodi core. I'll have to think about a good way to create a workaround.
4 -> Nope. As usual I don't add very very special requested things just for someones personal preferences.
@puenktchen 

ET already looks like the web gui and this skin by default now. The old skin is just optional.
(2018-08-30, 22:52)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]4 -> Nope. As usual I don't add very very special requested things just for someones personal preferences.
 I could argue that the next up section is gone if you've watched all episodes of a show. It makes sense, but to me it just seems a bit much to have the first episode of every unwatched tv series show up on the information screen. I suppose it saves you a couple of clicks if you actually want to start watching a new show, so there is that... It also mimics the behavior of the web version of Emby.. Not to say I agree with all of their design choices Wink

That being said; loving all the updates.
Happy to report that I'm not getting nearly as many crashes as I used to.
Editing widgets and menus and going back to the home menu doesn't make Kodi crash anymore.
Keep up the good work! Smile
(2018-08-30, 22:53)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]@puenktchen 

ET already looks like the web gui and this skin by default now. The old skin is just optional.
Ah, didn't notice that.

A little wish:
If one disables the Addons shortcut on the homescreen and in the sideblade menu, then there's no way to go to Addons. So please put a tile into the settings screen.
Good point. I'll add it.
@Krismyklebust 

The view selector glitch is fixed with the update of today
Need a bit of advice

I want to get myself a cheap second pc i can install libreelec on and have it as my main kodi box

I have found an i3 2120 dell optiplex 900 with 4gb ram

Will i see good perfoemance with this or shoild i get something a bit more powerful

Ps i will not be watching any 4k content as i dont have a 4k tv
Hi,

ever since a few updates ago. TV and Movies button showing thumbs instead of poster.

https://imgur.com/a/ZUBffQ7
@popeye2468 
Wrong board section. We have a hardware one. But this i3 is quite old. Buy the current generation of an Intel Pentium NUC. That's more than enough and compared to other solutions "cheap" with ~200 bucks.

@dnlg 
I deleted all of my cached textures and I do not have this issue. Since you also have no landscape pictures for your shows I guess that your database isn't scrapped correctly and things are missing. 
This arts are only "ListItem.Icon" values. For movies and tvshows this value always return a poster EXCEPT something is messed up with your database.