Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Embuary Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4:3 images? In 2019? Wink
Sadly I have no option to change that, because the images can be everything. Other people will have posters and the next ones a mix of poster/4:3/16:9. 
But you can disable EPG thumbs at all to get the channel logos. I've implemented an option for it a few months back.

I'm not familiar with HDHomerun devices. They aren't really popular in Germany. We are more the "yeah let's buy a real PCIe tuner beast for our server" guys. What's your EPG source and how do you pass it to HDHomerun/Kodi? 
If you are using xmltv or Schedules Direct you have plenty options to change them to other images.

Edit:
We skinners really need a way to know which aspect ratio a listitem image has.
yup 4:3 - it is pulled directly from the hdhomerun device itself. 

I actually do pay for SchedulesDirect but have quit using their guide data as it is more seamless from hdhr themselves. 

perhaps @ronie might have some input on your edit about detecting image sizes.
could you not add a toggle for 4:3 images?
There is no info label for that. Sadly. But wouldn't help you in that case, too. Stretching and cropping will also look wrong with 4:3. 
I would switch back to SD, because of the rich data provided Gracenote. @im85288 is using a personal python script to get nice landscape 16:9 images for his data. I'm sure he will share it if you are interested. I prefer webgrab++ and build my own data which fits to my needs.
(2019-04-11, 19:10)bry Wrote: [ -> ]could you not add a toggle for 4:3 images?

4:3 fields aren't an easy task because of my used grid. That would require a few hundred of additional layout codes. I'm forced to keep the height and decreasing the width with a new layout scheme will cause issue in the movement and cropped items on the right side of the screen.

Hard to explain, but you cannot image how much math I did in the early stage of the skin:

It's different if the PVR widget would have another height, but implemented that dynamically on a setting will be a pita too.
eh no good as I am taking steps backwards now. if I change the guide data provider I cannot manage silicondust pvr via kodi pvr interface.
I'll see what I can do, but no promises. 

Is HDHomeone always just resturning 4:3? For all US users?
yes - that is what  gracenote provides unfortunately.
@bry 

Slightly stretched in the height, but not noticeable I guess. 

that looks better for sure. don't apply the change though if it will cause issues for the rest of the folks.
It will be a optional setting. I just have to deal with all the views and dialogs. 

-> OSD: PVR channels, PVR guide
-> FullscreenInfo
-> PVR info dialog
-> view types

Will take a while.
@bry 
Could you please give this a try?
https://github.com/sualfred/skin.embuary...epg-thumbs

Everything should be adjusted except:
  • List view
  • Big list view
  • Wide view
You  have to enable 4:3 tiles in the skin settings under playback  & media
List view is also done. 
Looking forward for your feedback.
Thanks for this skin, i've just installed it (official repo).

A question/wish: would it be possible to move the "end at" during the play of a file at the top right of the screen instead of the progress bar (can sometimes "mask" the subtitles)?
The OSD is masking subtitles in general. Sadly I have no way to bypass this behaviour because of several layout decisions and technical limitations.