Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Xfinity TV on Kodi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to stream Xfinity on Kodi?
There are several types of Xfinity. Which one are you referring to?
I have access to this for example https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

is there anyway this can be added to kodi?
There is no addon for this, however, if you are running on windows (or Id assume Linux would work too) I can explain what I did as a walk around...
I use windows
i just use chrome launcher with the channels linked into it and works well, u can even add to your own epg if u like
What I did was use advanced launcher to open up a batch file that is used to first turn on my VPN (att throttles streaming through xfinty tv service) and then opens a short cut in firefox (for some reason its the best browser to use in my system to stream live tv as there is no issues with sound or video like I had for chrome and IE) for either the EPG live tv page or for different on demand networks in fullscreen mode. I then use autohotkey so that I can use my Harmony remote to control the mouse and use the guide button on my remote to open the guide on the xfinty webpage. All you really need to do is make shortcuts for the epg listing (https://tv.xfinity.com/listings) and add it to advanced launcher and use your skin to open it. You can make shortcut for any network ondemand you like as well, for example HBO ondemand is (https://tv.xfinity.com/browse/node/6047166773185074225). The skin i use is Aeon Nox and I have a Live TV menu (that opens the epg listing) and then submenus for the networks (Show Time, STARS, HBO ect).... It is the best solution I have found so far and actually works really well on my system.

My script for autohotkey is:

#IfWinActive, Firefox
UP::MouseMove 0, -50, 1, R
DOWn::MouseMove 0, 50, 1, R
Left::MouseMove -50, 0, 1, R
Right::MouseMove 50, 0, 1, R
PgUP::WheelUp
PgDn::WheelDown
Enter::Click
Backspace::z
g::z
Since I was looking for similar info, I thought I would chime in with my findings. 

I just recently became a Comcast Xfinity internet customer (after moving from a UVerse only area), and wanted to find a way to access the channels that they provide by default, via Kodi, in conjunction with YouTubeTV (which I LOVE for the most part).  My main interest in the Xfinity channels is for those that  show older tv shows (MeTV, Cozi, Heroes & Icons, Laff, etc.), which I LOVE. 

Since I'm currently using HTPCs throughout the house, running Windows & Kodi, for my, downloaded, movies / tv shows (stored on my QNAP NAS), along with streaming addons, and Chrome launchers for YouTubeTV, Netflix & YouTube), I don't want to add any additional equipment to the setup I've put in place after I cut the cord.   Of course, the simplest method to access the channels, is via Chrome, launched in Kiosk mode, straight to the tv.xfinity.com favorites list (https://tv.xfinity.com/listings/favorites) which shows the channels I like, in the order I prefer.  Not bad... but not perfect.

Then I realized I already had a better solution.  Back before being stuck with Uverse, I was on Charter, and had the SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, which worked beautifully with my (at that time) Windows MediaCenter setup.  It used a cablecard, which was still pretty new back then, and could record & time-shift shows, just like my TiVo.  With UVerse, I had put the HRP back in the box and figured it would be out of date before I could use it again.

Turns out the HomeRun Prime still has a lot of life left, and, now, even has Kodi addons.  So, I went down to the Comcast office the other day, and swapped out the cable box I had no intention of using, for a cable card.

Now, I have the HomeRun Prime connected to my network and, after adding the HomeRun PVR addon to my Kodi boxes, I can watch the channels all over the house, using Kodi LiveTV functionality, and, with channel manager, have the channels in the order I want.

Of course, I've discovered that, 4 years later, generic Comcast techs still know little to nothing about cablecards... and they don't "just work".  You have to call the cablecard number, and get them provisioned properly.  However, once you do, it works like a champ.

There is one major difference with using the HDHomeRun with Kodi, rather than Windows MediaCenter.  It seems that SiliconDust decided that they wanted to find a way to get a little on-going cash from their customers (ala Tivo), by forcing folks to subscribe before allowing them to be able to record.  It's not too much of a gouge at $35 a year for the guide data, I guess, but I am a little annoyed that I'm not allowed to just record using the limited guide data provided with the channels... especially since I'm mostly going to use it to record a few of the old shows and watch when I have time.

I haven't subscribed yet, so I can't speak to how well it works, but one cool thing is that, apparently, it has native support for my QNAP NAS, so it will actually handle recording / buffering the shows for me, to a centralized share... which can also be shared among all my HTPCs.

As is, it's working pretty good, and I'm saving a good bit of money over UVerse now.
You can use the playon server software and incorporate it into Kodi using the Playon browser available in the Kodi repository.
(2017-08-21, 20:49)TearDrop1319 Wrote: [ -> ]What I did was use advanced launcher to open up a batch file that is used to first turn on my VPN (att throttles streaming through xfinty tv service) and then opens a short cut in firefox (for some reason its the best browser to use in my system to stream live tv as there is no issues with sound or video like I had for chrome and IE) for either the EPG live tv page or for different on demand networks in fullscreen mode. I then use autohotkey so that I can use my Harmony remote to control the mouse and use the guide button on my remote to open the guide on the xfinty webpage. All you really need to do is make shortcuts for the epg listing (https://tv.xfinity.com/listings) and add it to advanced launcher and use your skin to open it. You can make shortcut for any network ondemand you like as well, for example HBO ondemand is (https://tv.xfinity.com/browse/node/6047166773185074225). The skin i use is Aeon Nox and I have a Live TV menu (that opens the epg listing) and then submenus for the networks (Show Time, STARS, HBO ect).... It is the best solution I have found so far and actually works really well on my system.

My script for autohotkey is:

#IfWinActive, Firefox
UP::MouseMove 0, -50, 1, R
DOWn::MouseMove 0, 50, 1, R
Left::MouseMove -50, 0, 1, R
Right::MouseMove 50, 0, 1, R
PgUP::WheelUp
PgDn::WheelDown
Enter::Click
Backspace::z
g::z
 I just posted my solution for viewing the Xfinity channels on my Kodi setup, but wanted to ask you a quick question regarding yours.  In the skin I use (Aeon MQ7 - Krypton Mod), the only LiveTV option that I can choose for the main menu is TV Channels... with no option for the EPG.  I'm wondering now if that's a limitation of the skin itself, rather than Kodi as a whole.  In order to be able to launch the EPG from my main screen, I had to create a Favorite from the EPG link in the "not-to-be-named" addon.  Is it an option in your skin, and, if not, how did you accomplish it?

Also, while I've used AutoHokey in the past for a few things, I'm not currently using it with my Chrome launchers.  I'm wondering if it would help with some of the navigation issues I have with YouTubeTV and my HTPC remote control.   Is AHK actually capturing the button entries from your remote control?  Are the keyboard commands you're passing specific to Firefox?

Thanks!
"I just posted my solution for viewing the Xfinity channels on my Kodi setup, but wanted to ask you a quick question regarding yours.  In the skin I use (Aeon MQ7 - Krypton Mod), the only LiveTV option that I can choose for the main menu is TV Channels... with no option for the EPG.  I'm wondering now if that's a limitation of the skin itself, rather than Kodi as a whole.  In order to be able to launch the EPG from my main screen, I had to create a Favorite from the EPG link in the GoodFellows addon.  Is it an option in your skin, and, if not, how did you accomplish it?"

I think you were a little confused as to how I am viewing the EPG. I am not using Kodi's EPG, but rather launching FireFox and bringing up the Xfinity web EPG. I am using Aeon Nox and set Live TV to open the corresponding Xfintiy EPG in FireFox.

"Also, while I've used AutoHokey in the past for a few things, I'm not currently using it with my Chrome launchers.  I'm wondering if it would help with some of the navigation issues I have with YouTubeTV and my HTPC remote control.   Is AHK actually capturing the button entries from your remote control?  Are the keyboard commands you're passing specific to Firefox?"

No they are not specific to FireFox, I only wanted them to be active while FireFox was open (thus #IfWinActive, Firefox), since the remote works fine in Kodi. What the HotKey does is change the remote controls (Up, Down, Left, Right) into mouse cursor movements so that I can use the remote to move the mouse to click on the channel I want to watch in the Xfinity webpage. 

Let me know if you need any help explaining this further. 

Cheers!
If by "Goodfellows" you actually mean "Goodfellas", be aware that it is a banned addon (wiki) and not supported here (and nor is any device containing it) as it uses illegally sourced pirated material.

There is also an xunity Xfinity build out there which is nothing to do with Comcast and is similarly banned for the same reasons.
(2018-01-04, 20:07)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If by "Goodfellows" you actually mean "Goodfellas", be aware that it is a banned addon (wiki) and not supported here (and nor is any device containing it) as it uses illegally sourced pirated material.

There is also an xunity Xfinity build out there which is nothing to do with Comcast and is similarly banned for the same reasons.
 Im talking about Comcast Xfinity and not any addon  Blush
I know, I just mentioned it for completeness.

It is the mention of "Goodfellows" above which is suspicious.
(2018-01-04, 21:26)TearDrop1319 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-04, 20:07)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]If by "Goodfellows" you actually mean "Goodfellas", be aware that it is a banned addon (wiki) and not supported here (and nor is any device containing it) as it uses illegally sourced pirated material.

Im talking about Comcast Xfinity and not any addon  Blush  

"I had to create a Favorite from the EPG link in the GoodFellows addon.  Is it an option in your skin, and, if not, how did you accomplish it?"
Pages: 1 2