Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Finding Directory Faster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is not so much a Kodi issue, but it is really hurting my Kodi experience.

I'm on v17.3.

Recently, lightning struck nearby and blew out my router. I bought another one, and now everything is up again.

However, whenever Windows loads up, it does not seem to want to recognize the virtual path to this drive until I physically load up Explorer and click the path's shortcut.

Here is before, with the "broken drive" icon:

Here is after I click the shortcut:

As you can see above, all of my media is contained on the NAS drive.

Anytime there is a reboot, Kodi reports that there is no media available or that the path is invalid.

Has anyone else ever encountered this?

Is there something I need to do to make Windows or Kodi know that the path is actually there?
wake up the nas?
It is awake.

There is no timestamp shown on the screenshots above, but the 2nd was taken immediately after I clicked the NAS shortcut.

Or, are you talking about something else?
I think he means, are you sure your nas is awake when windows first loads and is showing the disconnected state?

I too see the red x's if my nas is asleep when windows first loads.
Don't you just need to tick reconnect at logon?

No,that setting just makes the mapping persistent. It clearly is 'cause the mapping is there.
@OP: before clicking the mapped drive, is your nas awake? Please check
It should stay awake.

If the drives are not accessed for 10 minutes, they will spin down, but it never goes to sleep.

Even so, I can click the drive letter to force the connection, then reboot the PC, and Windows 10 still comes up not seeing the drive until I browse to it and physically select the drive again.

I even get a popup notification that says a mapped network drive was not found.

This is not a Kodi issue, for sure, but it's putting a damper on my Kodi experience.
Ok. Then it seems that windows tries to reconnect the drive before it comes available after boot.
To test this you could try the following:

Start > Run > type "gpedit.msc" (without quotes) click ok.
Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon
set this to Enable then reboot.
Looks like that just about knocked it out.

Thanks!

The only thing remaining is I have a Box Sync account running on the media PC so files that are dropped on from work will be synced to my folder when I get home. It still pops up saying the NAS drive that it is mapped to is not a FAT32 volume, but it never had a problem with that before.

It's a 4TB drive that is formatted as an NTFS drive, if I remember correctly.

Still good enough to make me happy.

Thanks again.
The drive not being fat32 is actually a good thing (it can actually hold just a limited amount of data if it were fat32) ;-)
No idea why a program would expect that format. Maybe see if you can find the settings of that app and disable the fat32 check. Otherwise, just ignore.