Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi just stops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i've been running kodi with the iptv simple client add on, on my android TV its been working great!

Until today. Now all it does it instantly quit Kodi as soon as it starts AND this only happens if i have iptv client installed with my url in there.
Anyone else that have encountered this?
We have no crystal ball for the time being.
Ergo, debug log please!
I have the same problem.
On my tablet and smartphone Kodi stops directly after I have tried to start it.
If I remove Kodi from my device and re-install it I can start it as normal, but as soon as I enter the PVR IPTV Simple Client local M3U Play List Path it stops.
It works on my PC .... so the m3u file should be correct.
And as MrMrgl said, it worked before also on my devices.
(2017-09-03, 16:12)Macahan66 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem.
If I remove Kodi from my device and re-install it I can start it as normal, but as soon as I enter the PVR IPTV Simple Client local M3U Play List Path it stops.
And as Klojum says...
(2017-09-03, 16:37)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-03, 16:12)Macahan66 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem.
And as Klojum says...

Sorry, I'm new at this ... so could you please help and explain how I should upload the logg file while I can't start Kodi at all ?
Click the 'Debug log' link in Klojum's sig, and you'll find yourself in the wiki.
You want 1.2 and 1.2.1
ie make an advancedsttings.xml file, stick it in place, start kodi.
Then find kodi.log, open in a text editor and stick it on pastebin.

I can't remember where the log is on android, but no doubt someone will be along to tell you - or it'll be in the wiki.
It's not the easiest thing in the world to sort out tbh, especially if you're not familiar with the software, but without a log nobody's going to be able to help you.

Finally - before you potentially waste your time... if your source isn't 'legit' you'll just get some sarcastic posts about reading the rules and a closed thread. So if it isn't don't bother. Ask elsewhere.
It is indeed in the wiki (in the advanced page of the debug log (wiki) link):

Quote:3.1 Location

kodi.log (or xbmc.log) and kodi.old.log (or xbmc.old.log) are located here, depending on your platform:

Operative system

File/Folder Paths

Directories and files named kodi were called xbmc in versions before v14.

Android Note: The first folder might be different on various devices: <data/sdcard/Android>/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/temp/kodi.log
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

iOS/ATV2 /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/kodi.log

Linux $HOME/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

macOS /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/kodi.log

Windows desktop %APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log

Windows store (UWP) %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log

Special protocol special://logpath (this can be used by scripts)
Just want to mention that I found the problem. It was related to version 17.4.
All my devices where 17.4 was installed stopped working (as soon as I added my m3u list).
When I removed Kodi and installed an older version (17.1) it worked again.
Don't forget to disable Auto-Update in case you face the same problem and solve it in the same way as I have.