Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon Nox SILVO rpi3 crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using skin aeon nox silvo on my rpi3 and have a issue when open movies or series kodi will crash.
I reported this issue in his thread.

I provided my Debug Log and my crashlog but he don't know what is happening in my crashlog, and he advised me to post in this thread and maybe a kodi dev can see what is going on in my crashlog.

I hope some can help so he can fix this in this skin..

Thanks!
Do you get the crash when using default Estuary skin?
Not all skins are updated to work with nightly builds.
It may be something else, I have the same skin (possibly a couple of days older from git) and have no crashes
It do not crash with standard eatuary.
But it crash also with official krypton from the libreelec site exact the same behaviour.
So i think it is not specific leia.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
i noticed the same behaviour. totally random. sometimes it works but most of the time, the first thing i want to start, be it library entries oder addons, will lead to a black screen, a crash and a reboot.
glad to see, that i'm not alone Smile
You cannot expect a busy Kodi dev to look into this without being given all the information...

@kodi Dev who has any time to look into this:

I believe this crash could possible be caused by the tv.show.next.aired script when it irregularly updates in the background during startup and when the user opens a section using MyVideoNav.xml.

Skin should be fully updated on my GitHub with Leia support.

I have this in Startup.xml:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + !Skin.HasSetting(Disable.NextAired)">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)</onload>

Here is the line in MyVideoNav.xml that I think causes this issue when entering TV Shows or Movies sections:
Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + !Skin.HasSetting(Disable.NextAired)">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,backend=True)</onload>

I asked Pienoet to post here to see if there was any info you could get from the crashlog in case it has nothing to do with the script but is in fact a skin issue.

I cannot find anything myself when looking over the code.

Of course when switching to Estuary there will be no crash cause it does not use this script to display any properties from Add-on:TV_Show_-_Next_Aired (wiki) and might not contain the error I have if it is a skin issue.

Thanks.
thank you mike, that pretty much looks like it could be the case. i myself suspect some kind of background activity connnected to updates, so i turned off all updates that i could, though i was not sure, whether there are more of them going on in teh background.
as i am just a user and have no understanding at all of scripting this stuff, is there a possibility for me to get around that thing?
or is it a matter of waiting for an updated kodi version, that takes care of this, or will the kodi develeopers say that it is a fault of your skin and wont care at all?