Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: UPNP with a PS3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been testing out the great XBMC OS X 0.1.7 with my Macbook Pro 10.5.1 and my PS3 firmware 2.10 with UPNP and its very flakey and crashes alot when I attempt to stream an avi file over. If there's any help I can provide in narrowing down the UPNP and DLNA XBMC OS X issues, hit me up with an email. Has anyone else tried this yet?
i don't have a ps3 to test against, so codiq is your best bet. (author of the platinum upnp). he isn't always around. In either case, a debug log would help.
Ok, how do I start a debug log and or where to find it?
On the mac, the debug log is located at /var/tmp/xbmc.log.

Elupus, I briefly tested it streaming from a Linux build and it was mostly DLNA errors while entering the directories containing any content. His log will probably tell you more (my log didn't tell me anything).
I found the log, its a hidden var folder. Nice to have known that, but since I'm no mac genius, I recalled seeing it before. How do you guys want the file? You can download it from here: http://home.comcast.net/~axledentaldj/xbmc.old.log.zip
Has a bug report been submitted for the xbmc upnp streaming from OS X 10.5.5 running on the Intel Core 2 Duo to the PS3 running firmware 2.43?

I also encounter the same problem.

For Music

I can see my music folders, but if I browse within the folder the PS3 reports. A DLNA protocol error -1 has occurred.

For Video

I can see my video, but if I select a mp4 the receiver connected to the PS3 switches to PCM Multi HDMI and then the video fails. The PS3 reports a Network error has occurred 807107.

Sidenote: The PS3 will let me copy the video from the XBMC UPNP server. The video plays without any issue on the PS3's local hard drive.
Hi,
I get the same "A DLNA protocol error -1 has occurred" on a Ubuntu 8.10 Server traying to access from a 2.53fw PS3.

Any clues?
Exact same problem here. Except it won't even start an mp4 file for me, it just says "This content cannot be played." Anyone figure anything out??