Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Remote reached end of buffer error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure what's happened, but the official remote app doesn't connect to Kodi anymore, and instead I get the following issue:
watch gallery

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?
So no-one else is having this issue? The best I can deduce is that it's something to do with the TCP port, but I have no idea how/why it has changed.
@Newsboy

I'll move you to the iOS Remote forum. You may have better luck there.

I have never seen that warning message before.
Yep, it's a network issue. The error message that you see is coming from the operating system, isn't a custom string into the app. You should check again all the connection informations and your network environment.
Is there anything specific I should be looking for?
Nothing? Surely I'm not the only person with this issue........

My internet connection is fine, I can connect anything to wifi without problem, gaming online isn't an issue either.
The only thing that has stopped working is the app.......
One last try here..... does anyone know how this can be remedied?
(2017-09-05, 01:27)Newsboy Wrote: [ -> ]One last try here..... does anyone know how this can be remedied?

You could try some other remotes and see if they have the same problem.
Is your Kodi machine on a Wi-Fi network or cabled? Maybe cabled is better.
If both on Wi-Fi, are they both on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz? Maybe both on the same are better.
Same problem for me; if I check the add button, kodi remote find a new kodi server but it doesn't not work (timeout). The issue still remain with other kodi remote apps with the latest kodi version installed on Mac mini.
Thanks for helping
(2017-09-06, 00:52)albertogto Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem for me; if I check the add button, kodi remote find a new kodi server but it doesn't not work (timeout). The issue still remain with other kodi remote apps with the latest kodi version installed on Mac mini.
Thanks for helping

I don't know if you have tried to disable wi-fi on your Mac and only connect the Mac wired to your network. If not please try.
Kodi doesn't like two active network cards.
(2017-09-06, 06:50)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 00:52)albertogto Wrote: [ -> ]Same problem for me; if I check the add button, kodi remote find a new kodi server but it doesn't not work (timeout). The issue still remain with other kodi remote apps with the latest kodi version installed on Mac mini.
Thanks for helping

I don't know if you have tried to disable wi-fi on your Mac and only connect the Mac wired to your network. If not please try.
Kodi doesn't like two active network cards.

The Mac is wire connected to my network. I underline that the Kodi remote does not work only with the latest version of Kodi app installed (17.4) while with the previous one it was all ok.
(2017-09-06, 12:29)albertogto Wrote: [ -> ]The Mac is wire connected to my network. I underline that the Kodi remote does not work only with the latest version of Kodi app installed (17.4) while with the previous one it was all ok.

And your wi-fi is disabled?

I would check the settings on your Kodi machine again. It could be that the upgrade reset some of your settings. Settings like Enable remote access/username/password, etc.
Happened to me before.
(2017-09-05, 06:57)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]You could try some other remotes and see if they have the same problem.
If both on Wi-Fi, are they both on 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz? Maybe both on the same are better.

I've tried the constellation app and it connects via http just fine, which means I can control Kodi with the swipe gestures, but none of the other stuff seems to work. The connection light remains orange (which means the TCP side of things isn't connecting properly.)
It's all cabled Smile
(2017-09-07, 07:43)Newsboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-05, 06:57)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]You could try some other remotes and see if they have the same problem.

I've tried the constellation app and it connects via http just fine, which means I can control Kodi with the swipe gestures, but none of the other stuff seems to work. The connection light remains orange (which means the TCP side of things isn't connecting properly.)
It's all cabled Smile

The default TCP port is 9090. It could be blocked by a firewall or in use by something else.
Have checked firewall and used netsh via CMD shell to check if the port is in use and it comes back as "listening".

I honestly have no idea how/what is going on.
Pages: 1 2