Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with addons disabled by default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a unique situation because I use a custom addon that is downloaded/updated at each system reboot.

This always worked fine before version 17 came along however now with any 17.x I frequently find this addon disabled.

I think with version 17 the default is now that an addon is disabled unless specifically enabled. This was a change from version 16 where an addon was always enabled by default.

Is there an override in an xml file or anything to NOT have the default be "disabled" and change it to "enabled" ?

thanks.
Mark
No, there isn't.

It's designed as a hurdle to 3rd party box sellers who just dump add-ons into the folders en-mass as their "set-up".

Basically if an add-on is not installed through the Kodi interface (via install from repo or install from zip) then it will be disabled by default when its detected. It is not something that we want overridden, and if any such methodology is reported here then it will be removed.
Makes it very difficult to do customized addons then. Also some add-ons and repos seem to get disabled at random too. This seems more like a bug than a feature .

IMHO just like Roku with does, Mac os or Android can not control what third parties do with it neither can Kodi nor should they try if it is going to inhibit legitimate uses.
What legitimate use do you have for not installing from zip or repository? Why do you have an addon which is downloaded at every reboot? What is the purpose of this functionality?

Perhaps you should explain exactly what your addon is doing, because to me it just doesn't make much sense.
Details removed as the methodology is not allowed, as mentioned above
Hi,

New here 1st post. I have the same exact issue.

At home I now have 4 kodi installations, however the only one that is behaving like this is the one on my android mobile. It started doing this some months ago.

I just got an android box, (with nothing pre-installed) and am building a kodi installation myself from scratch. Here I have no issues. I add a source in file manager, install from zip and then from repo, and addon is good to go.

However in my android mobile, I do the same, but then :-

1. Repo is installed and after a few seconds it automatically changes to disabled. So I have to wait for it to settle before enabling it.
2. Then I install the addon from this repo, and this too automatically changes to disabled after some seconds. So again I have to wait for it to settle before enabling it.

If that was only that it wouldn't be all that bad, but I am suspecting that when an addon is installed, there are also some dependencies that get installed that are also being disabled, making the addon unusable. Important to note is that the repos and addons I am trying to install are very popular and widely used amongst kodi users.

Finally I am giving up and am trying to completely erase kodi from mobile and start afresh. But either I am not completely wiping it off mobile, or else there is some setting somewhere that I am missing as same issues are repeating every time.

Would really appreciate input on this issue, as I use the one on the mobile device frequently.

Regards,

J
Which add-ons/repos and which other device types are you referring to?
Hi Darren,

Basically all repos and addons.

But let's say IVue. I know it is in the black list, but it shouldn't behave like this if I am not mistaken?
We don't care about anything on the banned addons (wiki) list, indeed if they all failed to install completely we'd be quite happy. Those kind of add-ons and repos are why the action had to be taken in the first place...
Fair enough Darren.

I am going to try to find a way to completely uninstall and clean Kodi install and start afresh and try to install something from the Kodi repo. I am saying try, as I am finding it hard to completely uninstall and clean.

If I have the same issue from that repo, will I be able to ask for help?
Yes.

If you uninstall Kodi on Android then all the data (including add-ons) are removed. So any reinstall would be clean, presuming you get your installation apk from a reputable source (here or the Play Store for examples). If you have access to the Android layer itself you can also clear the data and cache for the application, and that will also reset things if I remember correctly.

For other devices there are similar ways to reset everything to factory default, so if you need help in resetting others then be specific about device OS and version and we can maybe help there too. Such removal is the only help and support we offer relating to such banned addons (wiki).

Also some forks and derivations of Kodi (e.g. LibreElec) have chosen not to implement the disablement feature, which may perhaps be why you're seeing it on some devices but not others.
OK Darren.

I manually uninstalled every app in kodi. Then went to android app menu, found kodi, cleared cache and cleared all data and finally made uninstall of kodi as well.

I then proceeded to re-install kodi 17.5 from google play, and made sure that there is only the stock kodi repo installed.

Also made sure to not touch any setting, therefore leaving everything as per stock install.

I then proceeded to install enigma-tv app from kodi repo.

Initially it looked to be fine, but to be sure, before opening it the first time, on instinct I just went back to home and exited kodi. I re-launched kodi, and enigma-tv app has vanished from the list.

I accessed my apps list and it is right there with an x to the left, meaning it is disabled, which I confirmed by accessing it's information page.

Can you please tell me what might be causing this?

Thanks
(2017-11-09, 15:30)JDogLFC Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please tell me what might be causing this?

Thanks

Not without a Debug log file, I just replicated what you did and it worked fine.
OK Installed Buzz Feed.

Log file after install and before 1st run is 
Code:
[color=#000000][color=#000000][i]http://paste.ubuntu.com/25925549/[/i][/color][/color]
Log file after re-start of kodi and before 1st run of Buzz Feed ( that now has also disappeared as it automatically got disabled)  is http://paste.ubuntu.com/25925578/
So anyone with a glimpse of an answer please. I posted 2 log files.
Pages: 1 2