Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ArgusTV removed from current Kodi 18 alpha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(I appreciate all this effort too - would be great to see Argus continuing with Kodi, as it's been such a rock solid combo for many years)

One trick with Argus - I always manually go to the samba shares at least once in the File Manager to force Kodi to save the share and password in a more global kind of way (saves the info in passwords.xml IIRC)....without this Argus won't open the share to play the recordings I've found (long ago - maybe it's just superstition at this point but it always works when I do this!).  (I have not tried Leia at all yet).
(2017-11-23, 00:54)spiel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-20, 22:12)goibe Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if this will help or not, I made some test with the two versions in windows to see what is changing from one to another, and checked the same recording in both
Windows 10 version 1709, Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20171119-67fd70f, latest 32x development build.
Result: Can't play the recording, here the log;
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26007396/
Windows 10 version 1709, Kodi 17.6 Git:20171114-a9a7a20, latest stable.
Result: Recording plays perfectly, and the log;
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26007428/
Both clean installs.
Thank you.
Try forcing Samba in Kodi to only v1 (there's a new option in the settings).  I had the same problem which affected Emby and Argus and this fixed it.

BTW: Thanks so much for keeping Argus going with Kodi, I've got years of archived recordings and do not relish the idea of migrating to something less functional.  
I have the same issue as goibe
I have set smb v1 only and legacy security
I can access the shares fine from file manager and play the ts file
They do not play using Argus TV Recordings
Same issue for me also

I can "Switch" to a channel and then start to record it whilst still watching this is fine but as soon as I stop watching and immediately try to view in recordings (this is same for both ongoing or finished recordings) it fails to play

Thanks
I had a closer look at the Kodi17 working log, and argus for then doesnt use any of the openrecordedstream paths it seems. No logging for any of those functions is in there. Going to have to give me some time to try and set up a vm i can test with. Id lean towards the quick fix being to implement getrecordingstreamproperties, but i dont know how thats going to play out or affect other existing features, hence the vm setup to test with.

Cant promise a timeframe, but i am looking into it.
(2017-11-23, 10:42)Fuzzard Wrote: [ -> ]I had a closer look at the Kodi17 working log, and argus for then doesnt use any of the openrecordedstream paths it seems. No logging for any of those functions is in there. Going to have to give me some time to try and set up a vm i can test with. Id lean towards the quick fix being to implement getrecordingstreamproperties, but i dont know how thats going to play out or affect other existing features, hence the vm setup to test with.

Cant promise a timeframe, but i am looking into it.

Please don't go the getrecordingstreamproperties road. Leia is in pre-alpha phase. We have enough time to fix this properly.
Finally, people that had tested it.
Sorry but I don't know what getrecordingstreamproperties is, so I can't help with that.
Thank you.
(2017-11-23, 22:21)goibe Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, people that had tested it.
Sorry but I don't know what getrecordingstreamproperties is, so I can't help with that.
Thank you.

That was just a comment from developer to developer. ;-)
(2017-11-24, 08:54)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 22:21)goibe Wrote: [ -> ]Finally, people that had tested it.
Thank you.

That was just a comment from developer to developer. ;-) 
 I knew, I was only trying to say that this is too difficult to me, so I can't test it.
Thank you.
An update has been merged that allows the username/password to actually be used for smb shares. In my small testing environment this enables accessing recordings. Let me know how that goes. It should be in one of the next couple of Milhouse builds.
(2017-11-29, 20:55)Fuzzard Wrote: [ -> ]An update has been merged that allows the username/password to actually be used for smb shares. In my small testing environment this enables accessing recordings. Let me know how that goes. It should be in one of the next couple of Milhouse builds.
 Thanks Fuzzard

Can you please provide an example of where in Kodi this is done and the syntax?
Update:

I have just installed today's build and Recorded TV has just started to work without any changes

Thanks for your assistance in this matter
For future users, it's just in the add-on settings. The setting has always been there, it just wasn't used in anyway.
@Fuzzard - thanks for your work!   Great to know this will work with Kodi 18...

(I saw your PR & comments on Argus setup - it's indeed convoluted, but thing is once you're over that little hurdle, it's an absolute rock steady PVR system with excellent smart scheduling...been running it since about 2011 with zero changes here really, which when you compare the various things that go wrong with some of the other PVRs (TvHeadEnd, Next etc) - is a frickin great track record for steadiness....so yeah, install pain, for long term gain....that's why we use it Smile )
(2017-11-30, 06:54)bossanova808 Wrote: [ -> ]@Fuzzard - thanks for your work!   Great to know this will work with Kodi 18...

(I saw your PR & comments on Argus setup - it's indeed convoluted, but thing is once you're over that little hurdle, it's an absolute rock steady PVR system with excellent smart scheduling...been running it since about 2011 with zero changes here really, which when you compare the various things that go wrong with some of the other PVRs (TvHeadEnd, Next etc) - is a frickin great track record for steadiness....so yeah, install pain, for long term gain....that's why we use it Smile )

What he said 👍
Working!!!
Thank you all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4