Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: BREIN Goes After Developers of ‘Pirate’ Kodi Builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Dutch anti-piracy group BREIN is actively going after developers of infringing Kodi builds. The group has thus far signed settlements with ten individuals, but more are likely to follow. Pursuing sellers and developers of pirate Kodi add-ons has become a prime focus in recent months after the European Court of Justice handed down a landmark ruling....

Full Article
Excellent...
Yup.
They are finally taking action here in NL...
Nice work!

Sent from my SM-N910G
It was great that the article specifically stated that Kodi itself is legal but the pirate addons that infringe copyright holders are illegal!

Sent from my GT-P3113
(2017-08-28, 16:06)jmooremcc Wrote: [ -> ]It was great that the article specifically stated that Kodi itself is legal but [that] the pirate addons that infringe copyright holders are illegal!
No. It didn't.
(2017-08-28, 16:25)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-28, 16:06)jmooremcc Wrote: [ -> ]It was great that the article specifically stated that Kodi itself is legal but [that] the pirate addons that infringe copyright holders are illegal!
No. It didn't.

"The media players themselves are perfectly legal, and the Kodi software is too, but when these are loaded with pirate add-ons, legal issues arise."
(2017-08-28, 17:41)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-28, 16:25)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]
No. It didn't.

"The media players themselves are perfectly legal, and the Kodi software is too, but when these are loaded with pirate add-ons, legal issues arise."
And?
Point to the bit that specifically says 'the pirate addons that infringe copyright holders are illegal.'
Hint - it doesn't.
That isn't me being pedantic. The two statements don't mean the same thing.
Sure, whatever you say.
(2017-08-28, 18:40)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, whatever you say.
(Some) People read what they want to read.
Sure, whatever you say.
This is childish. I'm not going to get into an 'Oh tes it is, Oh no it isn't' pantomime. If you want to actually debate the language used I'm happy to. But if you think Torrent Freak would come out with an unqualified 'Pirate addons are illegal' statement... well... okay.

Edit: Seriously? That's your response?
Sure, whatever you say.
Come on you two, that's enough...
(2017-08-28, 20:40)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]Come on you two, that's enough...
I'd like to know what you think I've done wrong here.
Pages: 1 2