Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI Interface only part of TV screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I just installed OpenELEC on my older Toshiba laptop, that is connected to my Sharp HD TV via HDMI. The installation went without any problems but once it was finished the Kodi screen is only a part of my TV screen, and stuck in the upper left corner. The display on the computer is fullscreen, so I am wondering if I am just mirroring the pc screen??

When I go to Settings - System - Display, the top value "Monitor" is on default and if I try to change it to HDMI, the screen goes black and only the laptop screen is active. I tried to activate "Blank other displays" but that doesn't change anything. The resolution is on [email protected] and the "Refresh rate" is grayed out.
I also tried to go to video calibration, but when I move the bottom right arrow, it just goes out of view.

Any idea how I can fix this? I've searched and searched and not been able to find anything that helps Sad Sad Sad

Just a sidenote, I used to have Kodi installed on Ubuntu, and had no problems with the display there.

(I posted this on the OpenELE forum, but now I'm beginning to think this is more a KODI issue...)
(2017-08-29, 19:07)xega Wrote: [ -> ]The display on the computer is fullscreen, so I am wondering if I am just mirroring the pc screen??

That is what I would expect - but, as experiences with connecting laptops to external displays have shown, the controls offered by the 'manufacturers' of the laptop each have their own idea how you control things.
Usually they are expecting to provide a signal to drive (for example) a projector, with a limit on the output ranges (sometimes very restricted) and might allow you to have the ouput on either or both of the screens connected
Any idea if it is possible to fix this?
Sorry, I was hanging back in case somebody had other suggestions to make.
My limited experience suggests one needs hands-on with the offender, and as much info on the facilities as possible - sometimes others have had the same sort of problem in a different context, so try a general search (google?)