Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using library without database lookup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am tired of managing the library, renaming files so they would show up etc....
I am perfectly fine with how files are named when they come torrented, and no fanart is not a problem.

So My question is, can I have any video file added to video library, skipping database checks?
Basically what I need is a fancy file manager on home screen, that shows what media files are recently added, what have been started and finished watching.

I have been using Files section for a long time now and it is extremely inconvenient when most of files are in subfolders - no indication on which ones have been watched, etc.
I am not going to change my file structure or manage that any differently due to my multi-pc setup and uninformed users.

So what are my options? Maybe there is a skin that does just that?
Update. Here is what I need, just a list of videos found, exactly like this app offers:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...er.videork
I would just ditch Kodi and use this, but I also need Yatse, remote and audio passthrough.
What you want is probably the "stupid movie scraper". Download from here: https://github.com/mrjwm2/metadata.movie...master.zip and install from zip in add-ons browser. The set it as the scraper in the movie source you want to use it on and rescrape. You might need/want to play with the regex in advancedsettings.xml to get exactly the whole file name.

scott s.
Oh...as from the talk from IRC I thought that IS your solution:

Quote:elektrinis APP [8:41 PM]
Archos video is my solution.
so.. bye kodi.

And as from the previous comments the user don't want to do any additional manual steps to get that managed:

Quote:elektrinis APP [6:33 PM]
not going to do any manual steps.

I guess everything else is now a waste of time Wink
The database is THE key feature of kodi, the whole idea and ethos of how kodi works. If you can't be bothered using the database then kodi probably isn't for you.
I'm with the user, here.
Using the library shouldn't mean "having a properly scrapped library".

I have a patch for years (refused here) that allows to add unscrapped files to the library, keeping the advantages of library (watched,...) while allowing *any* file to be added, not only those recognized by a scrapper...
I can certainly understand that mode of operation. But it still uses the database.
Oh, totally. And I 100% agree that Kodi *is* its database.
It think the OP just want a "0% maintenance" one Wink
Watched/Unwatched works perfectly fine in Fles mode so no idea what the OP was on about.
Mmm... It surely works for library items, but I don't see how it could for unscrapped ones.

Or are *all* items in a source still added, even if scrapping fails, but only visible in file mode?

IIRC the code, I don't think so, but might have changed recently.
(2017-09-03, 02:38)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Mmm... It surely works for library items, but I don't see how it could for unscrapped ones.

Or are *all* items in a source still added, even if scrapping fails, but only visible in file mode?

IIRC the code, I don't think so, but might have changed recently.

Is this the fix? https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12464
(2017-09-02, 23:09)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Watched/Unwatched works perfectly fine in Fles mode so no idea what the OP was on about.
@Koying jjd is right. I don't use the video lib, and I get watched ticks on my items in file view. Works in all versions I have seen inc 17.4

Yes it quietly keeps this data in the video db (file named X has been watched), but does not require the user to scan any content into that library. OK without that you don't get the art and reviews etc., that using the video library brings.
I always use File mode for stuff I don't plan to keep, since I don't see point of adding to Library then having to Clean db to remove them, and as Dave says I've always got yhe Watched tick mak as far back as I remember (which is a bloody long time).
What the OP is about is NOT to do ANY manual step. We had a long talk on IRC about all that. It's even too much to navigate to Videos->Files for him (which could be solved in other ways).

I don't say that the idea is not interesting. I just say that the user wants something and asks for it in a "I want that....go fix it"-manner.

Watched/Unwatched works fine for me in file-mode as well. But as for the reason, it's too much effort for the user to navigate to the file-view, that isn't a solution for him as well.
Ok, I stand corrected Wink
Pages: 1 2