Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to install addons Android TV Philips PUS7600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have Kodi on my Philips PUS7600 Android TV.
Kodi 17.2 worked OK and I used it for a while.

However Kodi been updated to 17.4 and also Philips firware been updated lately,
Now I'm able to install addons only from Kodi "official" repo (which is built in installation).

If I try to add source to addon which is outside of Kodi "official" repo then installation fails.
I assumed that it happens only with some of the addons but it happens with every addon.

Unkown sources enabled.
I also added source from File menu and then I installed repository.
Kodi shows Repostory installed popup in the right upper corner.

But when I try to install addons from that repository it fails.
I checked from log and seems that Kodi is not able to get MD5 file.
It also says parsing Addons.xml failed but dunno is it because fetching the MD5 failed before that.

Please note that kodi 17.4 and every addon works OK with my Samsung Tab (Android ver. 7) and Samsung Phone ver 5.1.1).
I'm able to access the addon http location from my TV's browser so network / access can't be the issue.

If the Kodi 17.4 is complied from the same source for Sansung Tab and Phones as it is for Android TV, I assume it should work the same way for all of those devices.
The only "difference" here is the Philips TV firmware which might cause this, hard to verify / say tho.

Any idea?
All help are highly apprecited. Smile
What repository have you installed? Also:

Please provide a link to your Debug log (wiki).
Seeing where your first thread ended, I think this one will follow the same way...
Hi

I have same problem as joiku. After TV firmware upgrade I no longer access non official repos. I totally removed & reinstalled Kodi with no joy. I assume this is a Phllips thingy, but anyways if anyone knows the fix please share.

The log says:
CAddonMgr: Failed to parse addons.xml.

Many thanks!
JR
joprosa1

If you have a log, then please post it.
(2017-08-31, 23:23)Gracus Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing where your first thread ended, I think this one will follow the same way...

This could be a possibility but I have a suggestion, can you please provide link to unofficial addon which is not banned and can be discussed in this forum?
I could try to install that one.

This is how we are able to solve the possible issue without breaking the forum rules. Smile

Just curious about the installation failure because KODI works fine in my tablet and phone.
I can provide the log if you can provide the link to addon which is located outside of the repository built in.

Or is it so that everything outside of that are banned?
A log includes more info that will help. Please provide your log file
(2017-10-31, 20:56)joiku Wrote: [ -> ]Or is it so that everything outside of that are banned?

No not everything, just pirate addons...