Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to use Kodi without a build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
I've recently installed kodi on my new firestick. My friend told me there was a way to use Kodi without using a build. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. What are the steps you take to install without a build
Kodi should be used without screwing it up with a crappy 3rd party piracy build - we dislike them intensely and want nothing to do with them. It is designed as a media player for local and legally available content online through add-ons in the official repo and various supported ones with threads in this forum's add-ons section.

As for using it, see some of the links in my signature below, especially the notes for the first time user (wiki).
Funny notion... wonder what people generaly think a "build" is... Smile Ofcourse you can use it without a build. A build is nothing more than Kodi with added addons, skins and settings. How do you think they make those "builds"? Always better to install what you need than use those builds made by semi-literate kids that put everything they can find online into the "bulid". And also have absolutely no taste or sense for esthetics, and make Kodi look like a decorated xmass tree Smile
(2017-09-01, 18:06)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]And also have absolutely no taste or sense for esthetics, and make Kodi look like a decorated xmass tree Smile
Absolutely, the colour schemes and fonts they use for these things are nearly always completely hideous Smile
Moved to a more appropriate place since this is not about add-on development.