Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No display on tv from pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a raspberry pi 3 model b v1.2 running libreELEC. I cannot get this to display any output to my tv through composite. It worked on my previous tv but not this new one. I even tried reloading it. The only reason I even know it works is because i can ssh into the pi before I reloaded it.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated as I wish to get this back up and running again.
Could you please explain why you don't use the HDMI-in on your TV?
the hdmi port is already in use. and I did test it with hdmi it didn't seem to work either.
Use a splitter then

Did you changed anything at the config.txt and if yes, what do you have changed? Also please get me a debug log while connected to the TV via HDMI.

We should try to get HDMI working first, to rule a hardware failure out.
How can I pull debug with no display on a fresh install?

Also I don't own an hdmi splitter
SSH is the answer to your logging question.
ssh is disabled by default and its a fresh install
Plug it into a TV where it does work, turn on ssh, plug it into the tv that doesn't work, ssh in and go from there.
ok I got ssh now and it was through composite on the other tv what do I need to do now?

I am guessing this is a resolution thing
Report output of "tvservice -s"
It will show if Pi is driving HDMI or composite output.
A debug log (wiki) may provide more information.
tvservice -s

state 0x40001 [NTSC 4:3], 720x480 @ 60.00Hz, interlaced

heres the debug log https://paste.ubuntu.com/25451616/

right now I have some usability running the composite through an old vcr.....
Assuming you are you using two separate cables, did you eliminate the composite cable on the new TV as a possible source of the problem? (by using the first/working cable on the new TV)
(2017-09-02, 17:06)reddeath68 Wrote: [ -> ]right now I have some usability running the composite through an old vcr.....

Wow you really are determined to have the worst possible picture aren't you?
Can you point us to the manual for your new TV please?
manual http://www.fixya.com/support/p20435360-s...ed/manuals

not determined to have the worst picture quality just to have picture for now. and composite has never failed me in the long run.

@doug the vcr is hooked to the tv with coaxial not composite however I do have an extra brand new wire for the raspberry pi
Pages: 1 2