Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: multiple folders for one show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tend to keep currently airing shows one one hard drive and older stuff (previous seasons) that I am saving on another so I have several shows that have two folders. Kodi will only display artwork and series/episode information for one of the folders. It seems that the Kodi library only allows one folder per show even if I use different folder names. Is there a way around this?

The video files play fine, my issue is only with displaying artwork and information.
(2017-09-01, 19:10)DuncanIdaho Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to keep currently airing shows one one hard drive and older stuff (previous seasons) that I am saving on another so I have several shows that have two folders. Kodi will only display artwork and series/episode information for one of the folders. It seems that the Kodi library only allows one folder per show even if I use different folder names. Is there a way around this?

The video files play fine, my issue is only with displaying artwork and information.
 Bump, in the sense that I have multiple folders for tv shows, I have one folder for recently added episodes and another large folder that doesn't get autoscanned. In the media library, i'll often see two instances of the same show, one with season 1 - x and another with seasons x+.

Would have thought that shows with the same name and date and i presume tvdbid would get grouped together
Different (full) paths in that situation may mess up Kodi's thinking and see them as different shows.